Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Most versatile Schoeps caps

(1/6) > >>

jbell:
For Schoeps users, if could could only have one set of caps what would you chose??  What Schoeps caps do people think are most versatile?  I know this will vary depending on opinions, but wanted some feedback.

adrianf74:

--- Quote from: jbell on February 12, 2018, 05:00:16 PM ---For Schoeps users, if could could only have one set of caps what would you chose??  What Schoeps caps do people think are most versatile?  I know this will very depending on opinions, but wanted some feedback.

--- End quote ---

I truly don't think there's a "one-size fits all" solution when it comes to ANY capsules/patterns because it truly depends on the room. 

All things being equal, I loved my MK22's when I owned them and preferred the sound from them over the MK41's, however, with wookiness becoming more and more of a thing, the MK41's were very helpful when in noisier situations where I needed to "cut through the crap." 

If I was doing it again, I think I'd lean towards the MK22's or MK4's as my "one set" simply because I record in places where people are a lot more respectful (and the rooms can be a lot smaller).

rippleish20:
Adrianf74 appears to have similar taste to me. I have settled on Mk22s and Mk41s as my favorites. If I had to chose one capsule I would probably go with MK22s (or MK4s). I record a lot of smaller shows however. If I were recording at bigger venues, I would probably say MK41s.

From my experience pretty much every Schoeps capsule picks up talking at 100+ yards so there is no easy solution for the talking problem...

thunderbolt:
I guess it’s too obvious, but I love the Mk. 5.

Scooter123:
mk4  Cardioid but not too directional

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version