Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

TOA K series microphones made in Japan information.

(1/1)

ArchivalAudio:
So I thought I'd just start this topic.
I have a set of TOA K1's that I purchased new in  October of 1986 form a (I can't remember ) pro audio shop in San Dimas California. The TOA k1's were affordable at the time.  ($99 each)  and could be AA powered or Phantom  9 to 48v powered, and had cool "darth vader" Style windscreens as a friend described them,  that were hard screen with internal foam. These screens helped a ton in windy conditions and looked cool too.
I ran them into my Sony WM D6c I purchased on Canal Street IN NYC in July of 1986.

I am posting some "service manual for the TOA mics manufactured during the 1980's all were designed and made in Japan, comparable to Nakamichi's.
I got this service guides from Kirk D (no longer on this board) in a PDF form. I am posting some jpgs converted from the PDF, if anyone wants the PDF I would be happy to email it to you . Please PM  me with a valid email address and it will be so.

here they are:

... Discuss away.

ArchivalAudio:
Part 2 pages 9 to 16 of the service guide for TOA microphones....

mixedplate:
Thanks AA.  This is good stuff.   I’ve got some old Primo mics that these may be sort of related to.  Thanks!

illconditioned:

--- Quote from: mixedplate on February 19, 2018, 09:28:51 PM ---Thanks AA.  This is good stuff.   I’ve got some old Primo mics that these may be sort of related to.  Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Always looking for good sources of capsules.
Nak are Primo EM21, 23 electret capsules.
These could be in K1-- K3.

The K4 has external polarization, so probably a different capsule.

Would like to learn more...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version