Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Line in on Blue Mikey  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Relayer35

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Line in on Blue Mikey
« on: August 21, 2016, 09:10:08 PM »
Anyone ever try recording from external microphones connected to the line in on the Blue Mikey, connected to an iPhone? I ran a 2nd rig at my last gig that looked like this CA11 > UBB > Blue Mikey > iPhone 6. I used the Twisted Wave app on the iPhone to record the show. It came out very nice. I only had one issue. When the sound would get low, the recording would switch to mono. This would happen for a couple seconds at a time during quieter sections of the concert, maybe five or six times total throughout the show. I don't think it is the software. I've used the app to record with the Blue Mikey's internal mic, and that handled low volume material okay.

Just want to know if anyone else has ever tried this combo. I usually use a PCM-M10 (as I did with the main recording that day), but there would definitely be times where it would be easier not to have to carry an extra device. The mono thing was just weird.

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Line in on Blue Mikey
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 02:17:23 PM »
I use this to stream

1/8 "stereo in, lightning connector out to iphone or ipad.

http://line6.com/sonicport-audio-interface/sonicport/
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com