Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: OADE battery power for V3  (Read 2210 times)

Offline kstanya

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
OADE battery power for V3
« on: March 26, 2004, 11:02:06 PM »
Does anyone else run this?  Are they any good?  how do they compare to the Eco Charge?  how long can it run 1 V3?  Thanks in advance, as this board has been amazingly helpful in finding info and answering questions.

Kris

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
Re:OADE battery power for V3
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 12:58:59 AM »
The Oade battery is roughly $100 less with cable & charger than the EcoCharge system.  They most likely use the same/similar SLA battery (7.2ah).

If you're ONLY going to run a V3 with it, then the Oade is probably more cost effective for you.

I run the EC-90 12V/6V for a couple of reasons.

1 - Gives me 6 & 12 Volt outputs, so that I can run a number of devices.

2 - I like the "charge indicator" on top of the the Ecocharge, so I can at least "ball park" the remaining charge.

For probably even less $$, you can go to www.batteryweb.com (or any other battery source recommended on this board) and purchase a 12V/7.2Ah SLA.  The correct switchcraft terminated cable has to be ordered (from Oade or Eco), or get the part number for the terminator and a couple'a bucks for connectors and you can make your own.

I like the features of the Eco-Charge products, and had $$ to blow when I bought them, so I went that route.  Oade's should give you comperable performance without some of the bells & whistles, or you could build an Oade-Comparable system yourself...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »
For probably even less $$, you can go to www.batteryweb.com (or any other battery source recommended on this board) and purchase a 12V/7.2Ah SLA.

All good points, Rick, though I'll clarify by stating you may also run your V3 off 6v instead of 12v - why schlep around all that extra lead if you don't have to?

Odds are your V3 low battery indicator is already calibrated for a 6v power source, but if it isn't Grace Designs has directions for the recalibration online or will do it for you.  But like I said, odds are you're already calibrated for 6v.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline sickrick43

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm NOT a fucking llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 09:16:31 PM »
For probably even less $$, you can go to www.batteryweb.com (or any other battery source recommended on this board) and purchase a 12V/7.2Ah SLA.

All good points, Rick, though I'll clarify by stating you may also run your V3 off 6v instead of 12v - why schlep around all that extra lead if you don't have to?

Odds are your V3 low battery indicator is already calibrated for a 6v power source, but if it isn't Grace Designs has directions for the recalibration online or will do it for you.  But like I said, odds are you're already calibrated for 6v.

Thanks for the clarification Brain.  I took that for granted, being that I run a D-10 and/or JB3 off the 12V side...

I stand corrected...

Rick
4 Track & CD Live Rig: TLM-170's->V3->SD-744T  CDLive->TC Finalzer Express->Tascam CDR-900SL

24 Track Rig: Audix D6/D2/D4/I5/SCX1-C/O->Whilrwind SPC82 ISO Splitters->DigimaxLT's->Alesis HD24 (Lucid GenX192 Master Clock)

Canon 1Ds MarkII - 16-35/2.8L - 24-70/2.8L - 70-200/2.8L IS - 180/f:3.5 Macro - 550EX Flash

"this isnt a dramatic bitchy exit, its just time to go." - Big Ray (queen of the dramatic bitchy exit)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com