Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: want to start recording w/ laptop, need help  (Read 4884 times)

Offline tela

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
want to start recording w/ laptop, need help
« on: July 20, 2003, 03:19:09 PM »
i currently record w/ dat and use stand alone burners to transfer the shows to cd.  i am looking to start recording w/ a laptop some time w/in the next 6 months.  

so, i would like to know what type of computer i should get, what specs the comp needs, what software i need to record and transfer, and anything else that would be relevant.  

thanks!!!!

charles
Tela jewel of Wilson's foul domain

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
Re:want to start recording w/ laptop, need help
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 05:08:31 PM »
there are many people using sony vaios and toshibas in the field, but there are many laptops which can handle the task.  just about any laptop you can buy today will have more than adequate specs to be capable of recording...however, you will want to make sure you load the recording software on a separate partition with it's own OS (dual boot).  
i won't go into that, but look at the 24 bit faq - http://www.24bitfaq.org
back to the laptop, some things you'll want to factor into your decision...portability, size, battery life, capacity for external or 2nd batteries, durability of the machine, and disk space and memory.  you'll want plenty of gigs for storage and processing.
then of course you'll need a soundcard, many many options here.  decide if you want to patch, run mics, etc. and read through some of the forums here for more info on that.
HTH
josh
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com