Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A Cabler's Praise  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Red Boink

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Taperssection Regular
A Cabler's Praise
« on: January 01, 2009, 04:41:16 PM »
I've only been on the board for a few months and am compelled to say one of the hidden nuggets that hold direct value to anyone who loves audio production, at any level, are those who offer to custom make cables.  It seems for around $40. you can get a pair of custom interconnects angled, wrapped, with connectors of choice.  These folks will make whatever type or configuration of cable you may need. 

What, what?

The hardware for a couple of 1.5' interconnects costs around $30 +or- a few, so that means, well....

Anyone with technical skills such as is necessary to construct these would be getting at least $50 per hour on the freelance market (plumbers are getting $95 in the Chicago area.) 

So, what's being offered here is a great deal that certainly has more than a financial basis.  I've recently got a pair of ra interconnect cables from Robb (Darktrain), who builds some of those fine cables.  They are very well made, and feel like high quality that only handmade attention can create.  They are clearly a labor of love, made by someone who shares an appreciation of a fine joint (solder ;.)

I encourage everyone in this community to support these people who are offering hand crafted products.  The day may come when the economics of the time may prevent these folks from offering such great custom creations at the current prices.

Mostly, I wanted to post this to say thanks.  Thanks to you guys who make the experience of audio production more reliable and pure. 

Best wishes,

John Hartney

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Whats next?
Re: A Cabler's Praise
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »
Thanks for the praise, i do take a lot of pride in those cables and try to make each set better than the next and i do make it a point to focus on those solder points so they are the best they can be and have the least chance of failure.

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: A Cabler's Praise
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 08:34:14 AM »
Just got my chopper rt angle xlr's from Rob. They are very nice indeed, at any price. Fortunately , they are a great deal. The length and build quality are perfect. Thanks Robb. I'll let you know when I need more cables.
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com