Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealth taper needed in Denver 7/31/04 - Ticket offered (plus expenses)  (Read 2885 times)

Offline KronKyrios

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hey, I know this is a long shot since I am brand new here, and I have read posts discouraging asking for loaner equipment before posting (sorry).  I have read quite a bit, and am still overwhelmed by most of it.  But, I do not plan on making this a hobby... maybe once every couple of years, so I am not ready to invest heavily in equipment, and I am really only looking for enough knowledge to get by for now. 

I am working against a July 31st deadline to record a show.  This artist has expressed appreciation of her fans enthusiasm in reference to recording and sharing her shows, but has not openly permitted it, so I do need something I can conceal. 

I am willing to offer collateral for the full replacement value of the rig (I should be able to come up with enough), and leave some as a rental payment on return.  I would prefer to find someone in Denver to loan me this, as some hands-on instruction would be greatly appreciated.  I am no technical fool, though and can figure out what I need to if necessary.  I can travel within a couple hundred miles of Denver on a weekend to pick up/deliver equipment and payment. 

Kenneth / KronKyrios
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 09:11:13 PM by KronKyrios »

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: Newb in Denver needs pocket rig loaner-$$Collateral
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 01:00:53 AM »
Who is it? Just curious. I'd consider it if I wasn't going to be in North Carolina taping several shows.

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 01:37:10 AM »
why dont you just have a taper come out and do it?  seems cheaper and easier?

Offline KronKyrios

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 07:39:28 PM »
The artist is Cyndi Lauper.  I know others who are taping her shows, and are trading them actively. 

I have a front row ticket, so I thought that might add some logistical problems, but I don't know.  Does that make for audience noise problems? 

Anyway, I am not sure what you are referring to --- "have a taper come out and do it"   Please enlighten me. 

Anything will help.  I will even resort to my old mono-voice recorder with a T-90 cassette, if I have to... but I REALLY don't want to. 

Kenneth

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 01:54:51 AM »
I think he means that you convince or by an extra ticket for a taper (someone who will record the show) to go see Cyndi Lauper.  Any takers? :P

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 08:31:53 AM »
the other thing is stealthing is hard enough if you have never done it before...doing it with a rig you are not comfortable with makes it even more difficult...

Offline KronKyrios

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 01:41:20 AM »
That makes a lot of sense.  I would be completely willing to buy a ticket for someone who is willing to tape the show for me.
I may have some other circumstances that void this offer, but for right now, it stands. 
If anyone is interested, you can email me privately at chronkyrios@comcast.net

Also, is there a better topic group to post this kind of request in?  I would like to get the best exposure for my request.   ;)

Kenneth    :D

Offline KronKyrios

• Taperssection Newbie
Newb in Denver needs taper 4 Cyndi Lauper show 6/31 - FREE TICKET
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 10:06:12 PM »
Thanks for the topic move.  Anyway to change the topic title without starting a new one? 

I should add a note that this is not the Cyndi Lauper you might remember.  She has 7 albums now, if you don't count the best of's, Christmas Album, and countless cameos.  She has covered many types of music since she has been out of the limelight.  She has enjoyed a kind of quiet success where she has been able to do what she really wants to do with her music rather than give in to the corporate music formula.  If anyone is interested in hearing some of her live music, or even her studio stuff, I can send some fair-use samples on request. 

She is also a perfectionist in concert.  I was able to hear her soundcheck before the show last year.  When she had just about used up her alotted time, and said, "Okay, we only have 5 minutes"... but she insisted on keeping on until everything was perfect.  She spent a good half hour getting things right after she said she only had 5 minutes.  The result was a technically superb show. 

Kenneth

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 11:04:23 AM »
where's she playing at?
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline KronKyrios

• Taperssection Newbie
Thanks for the tip. 

I will add that I will cover any expenses incurred in taping, though I don't know what that would entail.  I am expecting it would not be much... CD-R, gas money and shipping if coming from outside Denver, etc. 

Kenneth

Offline KronKyrios

• Taperssection Newbie
Is there anything else I can bribe someone with... ethically... to go to this show and tape it?  Name your bribe and I will consider it. 

Kenneth

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
money changes everything! bribing tapers is a trick that works time after time. just make sure you don't bring a chick taper because girls just wanna have fun, and you dont want your tape ruined when she bop all over the place. 

:P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com