Sound Devices MixPre-3 and 6

(1/77) > >>

lubage:
Original thread:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=181803.0

rigpimp:
In

mitchellm:
I'm wondering if the problem with SD cards larger than 32Gb has to do with this statement from the manual:

--- Quote ---Cards with a capacity of 32 GB or less will be formatted with the FAT32 file system. Cards with a capacity greater than 32 GB will be formatted with the exFAT file system.
--- End quote ---

They go on to write:

--- Quote ---The exFAT file system is not compatible with Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.6.4 and lower.
--- End quote ---

I formatted a 64 Gb card via MixPre-3 and it worked (even when turning off and on) last night. Today it would not recognize the card. I can confirm the card was formatted to exFAT when I read on my computer.

Switching to a 32Gb card seems to have solved the issue. In my case I'm using Mac OS X 10.12.5 so I "should" be fine, but perhaps there's a glitch in their formatting system.

willndmb:

--- Quote from: mitchellm on May 27, 2017, 11:23:35 AM ---I'm wondering if the problem with SD cards larger than 32Gb has to do with this statement from the manual:

--- Quote ---Cards with a capacity of 32 GB or less will be formatted with the FAT32 file system. Cards with a capacity greater than 32 GB will be formatted with the exFAT file system.
--- End quote ---

They go on to write:

--- Quote ---The exFAT file system is not compatible with Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.6.4 and lower.
--- End quote ---

I formatted a 64 Gb card via MixPre-3 and it worked (even when turning off and on) last night. Today it would not recognize the card. Switching to a 32Gb card seems to have solved the issue. In my case I'm using Mac OS X 10.12.5 so I "should" be fine, but perhaps there's a glitch in their formatting system.

--- End quote ---
i would agree
The other person who had issues also was on a 64gb card

yug du nord:
Hey mitchellm....  I know it's been discussed, but can you tell me if the MixPre-3 can record two XLR inputs and 3.5mm (mini-stereo) input at the same time... for a total of 4 tracks??
And...  where is the power switch/button?
You seem to be the first person around here with a MP3 in your hands... 
Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version