Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Laptop rig power Help!!!  (Read 2349 times)

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
Laptop rig power Help!!!
« on: November 15, 2003, 09:39:51 PM »
I have no friggin clue about volts and amps and all that stuff I do know this.  I have a laptop Sharp (which is unsupported by tons of battery options) on the battery it says 19v DC 4.2A, 80W.  I also have a usb sound card that the battery says input: 100-240v ~ 50-60hz max .24A, Output: 5v 1.5A.  I am also buying a Samson mixpad 4 (which has phantom power) and some AKG 391s.  What can I do to power this whole rig. Price and know how are my main issue I dont care about bulk/weight. Please help.  Thanks. Mark
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline Willie T.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Namaste
    • My Site (down), well sometimes it is.
Re:Laptop rig power Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 08:32:16 AM »
I sat down and was looking at the laptop I use today (dell inspiron).....the power cable says 19v at 4.2A too, but the internal battery is 11.1v.  I think the AC adapter pulls more power to charge and run the computer...double check (I use a 12V to power mine).  I don't know what type of batteries you want to use, but I use NiMh from batteryspace.com (4000 Ah sub-cs).  Sub-C batteries output 1.2V (2 in series 2.4V, 3=3.6, etc.).  Hope this helps.
"Man or woman, if you aren't getting laid, you're being too picky. You just have to find that delicate balance between personal satisfaction and shame." -- Teabag

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com