Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: More UA-5 tweaks  (Read 8578 times)

Offline teajay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re:More UA-5 tweaks
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2004, 09:15:24 PM »
Thanks, I'm interested in finding out about those 3000mAh. I just bought the 1000mAh Ni-cd w/ charger and 1600mAh ni-mh from radioshack this weekend. I'd need a different charger for the 3000mAh's won't I?

I'm in New Brunswick on contract until the end of April, then back in Ontario for a while.

Bit of a delay on the battery pack too, because these nylon connectors i picked up aren't the right type, and no one in town carries what I need (apparently the connectors on the battery packs are called Tamiya connectors, correct me if i'm wrong), so I had to order them.  I just hope I ordered the right thing this time, since according to the fedex tracking, my rig is due to arrive tomorrow :)
Save a tree, eat a beaver

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2004, 09:24:31 PM »
I'd return that Radio shack stuff if you can.  Nicads just don't have enough capacity.  We should update Jordan's page to reflect the reality of Nickel Metal Hydride batteries.

You don't need Tamiya connectors - doesn't fit the UA-5 anyways.  That's just a convenient way of connecting the battery to the charger and anything will do, as long as they match.  If you're not in a rush, I can probably do up a battery pack and charger for you with the right connectors for the UA-5.  Less than $40 CDN for sure.  PM me if you want.

No difference in the charger required - just takes longer to charge a 3000.
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline teajay

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2004, 09:41:56 PM »
pm sent, thanks
Save a tree, eat a beaver

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com