Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: microphones and magnets ?  (Read 10375 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: microphones and magnets ?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 07:12:02 AM »
they look nice, but too large.

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 09:16:22 AM »
they look nice, but too large.

They're actually some of the smallest one's I've seen that work. Most of the other one's I've seen that are smaller don't tend to work well. I like that they are nearly impossible to damage and the rubber rings are cheap.

I'm curious in what way you think they are too large?

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline dean

• Akustische u. Kino-Geräte!!!!
  • The Dude abides...
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 02:25:02 PM »
I thought along Nick's lines, but that doesn't count 'em out for me.  If they work and I need 'em, I'll gladly use 'em.

Curious if you think the AT8410/15's are no good, Wayne?  My 8410's serve me very well...
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deanlambrecht

Offline yug du nord

• ...til things never seen seem familiar…
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • made with natural flavor
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 03:15:02 PM »
The element 115  (or ununpentium (Uup)) could be machined into mic clips which would create a reaction from being transmuted with an additional proton from 115 to element 116 which immediately decays and releases antimatter. When the element becomes so heavy as to have 115 protons and lands within an island of stability, the cumulative strong nuclear force or "Gravity A-wave" radiates or extends past the perimeter of the atom.  We can access this gravity and amplify it, lensing it to counter act the gravity of the microphones and naturally propogate them above the floor.

You really Bob Lazar?  :yikes:  Sounds like ya could be...  but are ya?  :hmmm:
.....got a blank space where my mind should be.....

Offline dean

• The Dude abides...
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 03:21:57 PM »
The element 115  (or ununpentium (Uup)) could be machined into mic clips which would create a reaction from being transmuted with an additional proton from 115 to element 116 which immediately decays and releases antimatter. When the element becomes so heavy as to have 115 protons and lands within an island of stability, the cumulative strong nuclear force or "Gravity A-wave" radiates or extends past the perimeter of the atom.  We can access this gravity and amplify it, lensing it to counter act the gravity of the microphones and naturally propogate them above the floor.

You really Bob Lazar?  :yikes:  Sounds like ya could be...  but are ya?  :hmmm:

Check out "his" post count, Guy...   :)
Light weight: Sound Pro AT 831 or MBHO's > tinybox > D7 or Samson PM4's > Denecke PS-2 > D7
Slutty weight:  [MBHO MBP 603A + (KA100LK/KA200N/KA500HN)] and/or [AKG C 414 b xls (omni/sub-card/card/hyp/8)]  > Hi Ho Silver xlr's/other xlr's > Oade T & W Mod R-4 or UA-5 (BM2p+ mod.) or JB3 or D7

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 04:18:52 PM »
Curious if you think the AT8410/15's are no good, Wayne?  My 8410's serve me very well...

I have a pair of the AT8410's myself as well as the PSC one's. Both work well, but the PSC mounts are much smaller than the AT mounts.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline dean

• The Dude abides...
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 04:45:36 PM »

I have a pair of the AT8410's myself as well as the PSC one's. Both work well, but the PSC mounts are much smaller than the AT mounts.

Wayne

Wow, I would've NEVER guessed that from the photos.  Thanks for the tip!  Do you think the PSC mounts work better?

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 05:09:40 PM »
they look like it would be a nightmare to mound a small pair of condensers any other way than DIN or NOS.
you need a small mount to to ORTF / XY w/something like 184s, or other short mics.

a long shockmount (and those look long) just done let enough of the mic hang out.
I often find the shockmounts get in the way of mounting as they touch one another and dont allow for the room I need.
drives me nuts.

Offline Nick's Picks

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »
Ouch...$56 for those puppies.

Honestly....
I bet ANYONE here could not tell an A/B comparison with and w/o shockmounts in any live rock concert setting where the noise floor is around 90db to start.
w/the exception of someone banging on your stand with their key chain or something.

Offline dean

• The Dude abides...
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 05:34:24 PM »
^ I do a ton of split omni on stage recording where the shock mounts are crucial.  Oftentimes due to the bass amp and drum kit there's a lot of bounce & vibration on the stage.  Once I got screwed that way not using shock mounts.  Never again.  So it all depends on what you're doing...

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 06:13:30 PM »
Nick's Picks, for comparison with the shocking $56 cost for a shock mount, please see the attached excerpt of a January, 2007 price list from a top-grade European manufacturer. In recent months the dollar has been falling relative to the Euro, so next year we may look back at these prices with fond nostalgia ...

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 06:43:36 PM »
Wow!  $20 for a rubber band!   
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.119 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com