Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Volume increase  (Read 2584 times)

Offline in2blues

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Volume increase
« on: August 31, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »
I have always, when I record a show, load on to hard drive then use Nero to cut song tracks and then burn to CD. Sometimes Levels are a bit low but just means when I listen to it I turn up volume. I recently bought another recorder and a few of the last shows I have done the levels are really low. How do I raise volume and levels to have better sounding recording? I have Audacity but not sure if this is what I need and don't know what to look for. Also would I use nero to track songs then load onto ? to increase volume? I can tie a complicated fishing knot but can't seem to figure out crap on a computer  :banging head: Thanks for any help

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Volume increase
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 01:22:49 PM »
I have always, when I record a show, load on to hard drive then use Nero to cut song tracks and then burn to CD. Sometimes Levels are a bit low but just means when I listen to it I turn up volume. I recently bought another recorder and a few of the last shows I have done the levels are really low. How do I raise volume and levels to have better sounding recording? I have Audacity but not sure if this is what I need and don't know what to look for. Also would I use nero to track songs then load onto ? to increase volume? I can tie a complicated fishing knot but can't seem to figure out crap on a computer  :banging head: Thanks for any help

Audacity works just fine for what you need. Load the file into the editor and either raise the gain to suit your taste or use the normalize peak function which will raise it for you.

After you save your volume adjusted file use whatever program you like to cut it into individual tracks. I use CD Wave Editor.

Don't know anything about Nero. Seems like I used it many years ago to burn discs but I haven't burned a disc in years.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

ilduclo

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 04:27:33 PM »

record in 24 bit for amplification without (much) hiss. Who's the artist? I could amplify for you if you send me a flac of the entire show :cheers:

Offline in2blues

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 12:45:17 PM »
Thanks, I think I got it figured out. Really appreciate the help

Offline johnjon94

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 10:08:18 AM »

record in 24 bit for amplification without (much) hiss. Who's the artist? I could amplify for you if you send me a flac of the entire show :cheers:

Would you be willing to help me out with editing a recording?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com