Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: - Nikon coolpixp5100 - what do you pros think of this point and shoot ?  (Read 2236 times)

Offline palmettobum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • "dirty pull"
First of all, I am a nikon guy.  Thinking about getting this one for me and my girlfriend as a replacement for my  ancient coolpix and her canon powershot, both now broken.  I like the manual features, iso options, optical viewfinder, styling, and grip.  It's simple enough that she can handle it... (hates shooting with my d100).  It gets good reviews, except for noise over 800 iso, which is my only concern, but i guess is an issue with all point and shoots.  i dont need 12mp, (my d100 is only 6!), but thats ok w/ me.

Any opinions or other suggestions would be appreciated.  We need a "take to the bar/beach/festival" camera, that is pocketable, and not as expensive as my nikon slr.  at 309, i feel like its priced right...although I would throw down on a nice card and extra battery, so about $360 total.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/518923-REG/Nikon_25580_Coolpix_P5100_Digital_Camera.html

thanks!!
audio:  cemc6/ck4 > silver clad > ua5 (wmod) > jb3 > svu1
photo:  d200 > 28-70mm f2.8, 50mm 1.8

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: - Nikon coolpixp5100 - what do you pros think of this point and shoot ?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
I would be a 5100 because it does not have the electronic view finder. I would also like the 5100 because it does have a viewfinder. So many of these new cameras don't have the most important thing, THE VIEWFINDER. They think since there is an LCD screen or what you're going to be shooting, you don't need to viewfinder. Well, I do and I want one.
I like Nikon as well. Don't forget to look at the Panasonic equipment as well.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com