Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09HR Question...  (Read 3966 times)

Offline toolrep1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Edirol R-09HR Question...
« on: June 05, 2010, 01:35:03 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I have a question about the Edirol R-09HR.  I recently recorded a show using the Edirol and a pair of mics clipped to my collar, and during the show everything seemed to be operating as nomral.  I got home, loaded the show onto my PC, split the tracks, etc., and burned the show to a disc.  When I go to listen to the show thru headphones, the show can be heard only thru 1 of the headphones-the other headphone is silent. 

I thought this might be a burning problem, so I tried a couple of different brands of discs, but that's not the issue here.  I also tried a couple of different sets of headphones, with the same result.  I also tried putting it on other listening devices with the same issue.

So my thinking is that something malfunctioned or was set wrong during the recording on the Edirol, or the mics.  But my thought is if 1 of the mics wasn't working, that shouldn't result in the problem I'm describing-I would think it would just diminish the overall quality of the recording.  So that's why I'm thinking it has to do with a setting on the recorder itself...

If anyone can help me out here, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Andy

Offline Tedley

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Edirol R-09HR Question...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:27:22 PM »
Possibly the stereo plug was not fully inserted into the recorder. This could give just one channel being recorded.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
I would agree that the mics were probably not plugged in all the way. Have you been able to reproduce the problem at home? I'm pretty certain there is not a setting to have recordings only on one channel. If you do mono, it usually splits the recording on both but its just mono.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Dede2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:05:02 PM »
Possibly the stereo plug was not fully inserted into the recorder. This could give just one channel being recorded.

What he said  ;)
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com