Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: # of seats in phish's TS?  (Read 6992 times)

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: # of seats in phish's TS?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »
FOB ... FOB ... FOB

yeah, but you need a "taper ticket" to get gear in the door, no?

You absolutely correct sir.  ;)
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 08:39:54 PM »
How pissed would it make you if somoeone had tapers tix but no rig? If it was just a regular wook?

used to happen all the time... patchers would do it to either insure getting their deck in or simply to get a patch.  agreed to patch some fella's D8 all summer in '00 as part of a trade for his taper's tickets  ::)

I an into this quite a bit during the summer of 2000 as well. I kept running into people who were not even patchers who had ordered taper tickets - these characters were especially aggravating because they simply did not get it and would 'not' give the tickets up, even when the trade was for better seats than they held.

Meadows Music Theater comes to mind - this dude had a pair of tapers and he was on the fence but I was pretty sure I was going to get them, but his girlfriend quickly put an end to that.

Got my gear in for all that I went to, but that tour was the toughest by far...   
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

Offline spankee02

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 05:14:22 AM »
I missed the pre sale. R taper tix avail thru live nation on regular on sale date, or anywhere else?signed...slacker

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 11:30:57 AM »
Sorry but the only taper tickets available were through Music today. That said, the GA shows (Hampton and Asheville only I think at this point) do not require taper tickets.

IMO ordering taper tickets with the intention of patching or just to better your odds of getting in is pretty weak. If you want to patch, bring a compact flash card and find someone with a Sound Devices recorder. Or there is the old carry in. Even if the event security cared (which I dont think they would) a compact flash card would be cake to bring in.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.242 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com