Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: THE professional way to power your Edirol R-44  (Read 8781 times)

Offline yltfan

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: THE professional way to power your Edirol R-44
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 01:02:39 PM »
I've used DVD batteries with an R-44, DR-680, and UA-5 and never had a problem*--even when I forgot to charge them up--I pack two, and there always seems to be plenty of juice. Also, one of mine is pretty old, but still holds a good charge. I think I paid $12 each. Big fan here!

*knock on wood
Mics: AT4051, AT4053, KM140, AKG C414, Beyerdynamic MEM86 guns, Nak cm300, AT853 4.7mod
Pre: V3, CA-9100
Recorders: Busman DR-680, iRivers, minidisc, jb3, and DAT

Dime torrents: http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=88009

Offline sonidista

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 02:18:55 PM »
It is all I can do to not post a really derogatory reply. 

Well aren't you a nice little fella for not being derogatory.
Anyway, maybe you're right about the performance of the DVD batts, and let's ignore what others wrote in this very forum about not properly working RB-270s. I personally own both an RB-270 and NP1 and the RB-270, though fully functional, doesn't last a for a working day with my R-44, while the NP1 (at only 4 Ah) lasts longer. Manufacturers like to write big numbers on batteries, but more often than not they're not too realistic.
Never mind. The last thing I'll say to this is that here in Europe the DVD batteries are way more expensive than in the US (cheapest one I saw was 50 Euros), so here NP1s are really a good option for powering the R-44 or other recorders.

That's basically what I wanted to say when I started this thread. If I unintendedly hurt your, kirkd, feelings, or those of other users, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bE6ZESFPI
:)

stevetoney

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
It is all I can do to not post a really derogatory reply. 

hat's basically what I wanted to say when I started this thread. If I unintendedly hurt your, kirkd, feelings, or those of other users, check this out:

I think nobody's feelings were hurt.  It's just that, frankly you're making claims about DVD batteries that not many people agree with so people are calling you out on that.  If you'd just posted saying that this battery that you like is a great alternative to DVD batteries, I doubt anybody would taken exception and/or debated you at all.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 04:52:11 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline dain45yl

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 04:07:32 AM »
Nope gotta say I missed that.    I was in a bit of a piss poor mood too so, I'll just delete that and move on.  some stuff just gets under my skin on some days.  I agree it is the misinformation and stuff based on opinions presented as facts that can get to me.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com