Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Cam mic input-ready or dub audio later?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline msteeln

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Cam mic input-ready or dub audio later?
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:46:21 AM »
Outside of low light problematic Canon's, it's getting hard to find a new/good camcorder with mic input in the $500 range. What unit is still up to date, has great basic features, mic input, software friendly, $600 tops?

Should there be nothing suitable, is going with superior video off the cam and replacing/syncing up superior audio off another source a viable solution?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:49:44 AM by msteeln »

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Cam mic input-ready or dub audio later?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »
generally speaking you will be better off dubbing after for different reasons such as, better quality external set up vs (potentially) mic > camera - you can go external set up > camcorder though too
depending on the camera and settings you can only record 12bit audio vs higher quality with a external set up

i personally pref to go directly into the camera if i can though, it makes life 1000000000x easier and faster

keep in mind that low light depends on how close you are to the stage too, typically if you are closer then you are going to pick up more light from the stage and its not as big of an issue (imo) as many people make it out to be
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline leib

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Cam mic input-ready or dub audio later?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 01:19:11 AM »
I alwats sync the audio later and have found it pretty easy in sony vegas

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com