Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ANy Thoughts on The Neumann TLM 103's?  (Read 4816 times)

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
ANy Thoughts on The Neumann TLM 103's?
« on: March 13, 2003, 08:50:18 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone has heard or has any shows done with the Neumann TLM 103's. I know the 170's and really like those. But they are unfortunately out of my budget. The 103's are in the running from price point, but I can't recall haring any shows done with them. I'm not looking to buy right now. But I'm in the process of selling my current house and buying another. I'm making some good money off the sale and after my wife is done buying new furniture I may have some money to play with. I think the ADK line may also be a possibility and I know a few run them around here. I love the large diaphram sound and since I never have any intention of stealthing these may be a good way to go.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline schoeps t00bes

• Local Crew
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:ANy Thoughts on The Neumann TLM 103's?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 10:31:27 AM »
rob,
i've never used them or listened to any tapes made with them.  however, i have heard they aren't very well suited to live concert recording applications, but rather to close mic stuff.  i am sure, though, that there are tapes out there made with them.
good luck,
dave
ps congrats on selling your house!!!!!!!!!!  i know how much work that can be.
Fuck MSG!!!

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
Re:ANy Thoughts on The Neumann TLM 103's?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2003, 10:41:57 AM »
I have not either which may be why I have no tapes made with them. I've been poking around and was just wondering. Like I said I think The ADK's mak be more realistic. but we'll see.
Thanks for the congrats. It's been a crazy few weeks for me. Traveling for work while pulling all the house stuff off all at the same time. And on top of that we found out last week we are expecting our 2nd child. Which is a very great thing. Which is also why I'f I'm going to buy a upgrade to the rig I should do it while i can ;D. Now I can raise another child knowing what a mic preamp and gear is. My 2 year old son Ben. Says " Those are Daddy's Microphones, these are the cables and this is the pre-amp" (Imagine a 2 year old saying all that).Oh well I'm rambling ;D
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com