Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: Someone with an Grace m903 to make a sample  (Read 3124 times)

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
ISO: Someone with an Grace m903 to make a sample
« on: February 21, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
So this is in the playback forum because I'm interested in how the Meier cross-feed sounds (which Grace uses in the 903) and that's found in playback gear. Now, I suspect this will sound best with jazz from the early 60s where everything was hardpanned, but I'm interested in a set of 30 second samples of four items:

1) Early 60s jazz (or early rock which was hard panned)
2) Floyd's DSOTM
3) A stage-lip recording (so something that doesn't have a duplicate signal, but uses the Haas effect)
4) A normal FOB/OTS audience recording (preferably a good sounding one, but whatever is fine).

I'm interested in how the Meier algo causes the image to fold down. I can furnish all 4 flac files if that makes it easier (likely 30 seconds each). Anyone?
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
Re: ISO: Someone with an Grace m903 to make a sample
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »
Would an m902 work? It does have Meier's crossover circuitrying (which I use and like), but I'm not if there are implementation differences between the m902 and m903.

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 02:21:12 PM »
Supposedly they dickered with it in the 903, but I'll take stuff from a 902 just as well. I think it will get me close enough. If you're willing, I'll prep samples tonight, thank you.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 03:50:38 PM »
finally got them uploaded. I put all 6 in a single flac file, usually 1-2 seconds between each sample and I adjusted the volume so they are reasonably close to each other. Most samples run about 90 seconds each, some longer, some shorter.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B59Z_7bDFZNIN2Y5UmkxUXVaQzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 06:01:54 PM »
Got the file. Just so I understand what I need to be doing.... heaphone out to some sort of a/d or recorder? I might need to build a cable to get this done.

Offline page

• #TeamRetired
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:06:44 PM »
Got the file. Just so I understand what I need to be doing.... heaphone out to some sort of a/d or recorder? I might need to build a cable to get this done.

yep. If you have a recorder that works better with your existing cables, no worries. The basic jist is all I'm after of how it affects it. I'm debating picking up a unit with the Meier algo is why. Also, no rush, take your time. I appreciate it.

Bonus points if you can figure out 4 or more of the 6 samples (to be fair, sample 5 won't be recognizable, it was a jam session that I don't think I've ever posted)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com