Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tutorial on transfers from sd card 24/48 to cd?  (Read 2114 times)

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
Tutorial on transfers from sd card 24/48 to cd?
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »
I'm more than embarrassed to admit that,I do not know how to do transfers from my marantz 661. I finally picked it up in 2011, then promptly got really sick and had a three year taping hiatus.

I have cd wav. Editor, audacity and Nero 11 loaded on my netbook, with an outboard cd drive. Does anyone know of a step by step tutorial thst can teach me to do this, so that I'm on par with the average four year old? I can only keep running dat or having Skaggs transfer shows for so long....eager to not be a retard.

Thanks all.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Tutorial on transfers from sd card 24/48 to cd?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:23:45 PM »
My typical workflow, briefly:

Copy the WAV file from SD Card.
Open a copy (working copy) in r8brain, and convert to 16/44.
Open 16/44 working copy in CDWave and cut track marks.
Open Traders Little Helper and convert to FLAC.  Create a WAV MD5 and FLAC FFP along the way.
Document everything in a text file.

If you want to do any audio editing ("mastering"), you'll have to ask for help from someone else... 

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 04:47:59 PM »
If you can transfer DATS you can transfer files off a SD card. All you'll need is a card reader (or a cable to run from your recorder to your comp but card readers are faster). Once the file is on your comp the steps are the same as they are for your DAT-sourced files unless you ran your DATs at 44.1.

Online vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 05:19:56 PM »
There is an FAQ with links at the top of this section. Here is a link to a 24 bit workflow in Audacity: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,71191.0.html
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline MakersMarc

• 😈
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »
Thanks guys. Not sure you all grasp the magnitude of my incompetence. I transfer shows from dat to cd via fostex d5 dat>Hhb 830. Yes, you read that right. Still rockin like its 2002.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:42:29 PM by Marc »
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline Cobiwan

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 10:24:01 PM »
Copy file from SD card to your computer. Drag the file into audacity. If the file has multiple takes you will need to copy the last file to end of the previous file. Once you have the single file of the whole show, track it out and add track names. "Export multiple" to 16/44.1 if your intention was to make CDs, otherwise leave as 24/48 flac.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 10:26:06 PM by Cobiwan »
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Mics:
2 matched pairs of Oktava MK-012 MSP6 with Bill Sitler mod + cardioid, hyper-cardioid, and omni capsules
Church Audio CA-14 omni/UBB
Sonic Studios DSM-6S
Recorders:
Tascam HD-P2, Tascam DR-680, Zoom F-8
Cables:
Gakables XLR, S/PDIF, battery and umbrella, DigiGal AES > S/PDIF, Darktrain hot swap battery

Member of DiGiHoArDeRs

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com