Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Which mics for my different purposes?  (Read 1520 times)

Offline jane.ramone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Which mics for my different purposes?
« on: March 23, 2016, 04:25:40 AM »
I'm new on this forum and not sure, if this is the right place for my question. I'm expectetd to find some similar questions, but I didn't.

Well, since many years I make recordings from live concerts, 1st with MC, later with MD and now, since two or three years, I own a Roland R-05. I always used the same microphone the Sony ECM-719. The recordings are listenable but not really excellent. So, in conclusion, I want do buy a new pair of stealth microphones and I hope, to get some useful advices here in the forum.

For what purpose do I need the mics? I would say, that at least 40-45% of my recordings are louder punk rock concerts in not so big locations. 25% are big rock concerts in a stadium, 25% big rock concerts in bigger arenas and the other 5-10 % are singer/songwriter in smaller clubs.

I was listening to a lot of samples from dime to find the best mics for me, but with my different purposes, I don't feel save to say for sure I should buy this one or this one. And at the end, it was more confusing than helpfull, because I found a lot of good recordings and also not so good recordings with the same microphone type. I found very good recordings with DPA 4060 / DPA 4061, but I think, that's a little bit to expensive for my budget, so I'm looking for a good alternative.

That's why I'm here, to ask for your recommendations.

What I know (or better to say "think") at the moment is, that I would prefer cardioids and should also buy a battery box.

What I don't know is i. e. is it better to have both, omnis and cardioids, for the different purposes or is one pair of cardioids good enough? What kind of battery box do I need. And is there anything else usefull to buy on top?

What to say about the price. I'm looking for a good value-for-money, I don't wanna spend thousands of dollars. Maybe around 600 – 700 USD would be good for me. But the price is not the most important point.

As you see, I have not really an idea which one would fit best for my purposes. That's why, I wanna ask you for some recommendations, which one would be good, or which is better not to buy and for what reason.

Many thanks in advance ...  and sorry for my bad english :-)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com