Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Milab VM-44 Link > Naiant IPA(s)?

(1/6) > >>

Brian Skalinder:
Anyone running this configuration?  Milab VM-44 Link (cardioid or omnis) > Naiant IPA(s) > recorder?

I don't see it on the Naiant website as explicitly supported, but wondering if anyone has leveraged one of the other supported configurations that also may happen to work with the Milabs.

I've pinged Jon via email, but thought I'd check in here, as well, to see if anyone has tried this option.

Hypnocracy:
Early on in the IPA info release I asked about this...IIRC...The IPA will support the Milab MV-44 Links. If you desire a balanced connection to the capsules it will require TWO (2) IPA units. MBHO's are the same...this was explained in the orginal IPA announcement thread that appears to be deleted.

--- Quote from: SxPxDxCx on May 05, 2016, 11:53:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hypnocracy on May 05, 2016, 11:23:22 AM ---I see "IPA's" in your sig line...are you using one for each MBHO? That was the case in order to run my Milab's balanced...

--- End quote ---

Yes I have one for each microphone and a Y cable XLR to stereo mini to run into my M10.

I'll try to post some pictures soon.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: SxPxDxCx on May 21, 2016, 05:12:58 PM ---Here is my IPA setup

--- End quote ---

Brian Skalinder:
Thanks, Hypno.  From my emails with Jon, sounds like the VM-44 Links are supported.  Jon and I are in email discussions about what I want to do and what I'll need, exactly, to accomplish my goals (if it's even possible, since I'm pursuing a somewhat unusual option).

Fried Chicken Boy:
Would be very cool to see a VM-44 Link > IPA rig in action. 

Thinking aloud here, I wouldn't be surprised if you could also wire up a set of VM-44 Links to run off the PFAs (with a recorder's P48) as hi and lo did with these Neumann capsules and cables. > http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=178035.0

dactylus:

--- Quote from: Fried Chicken Boy on September 10, 2016, 01:19:24 PM ---Would be very cool to see a VM-44 Link > IPA rig in action. 

Thinking aloud here, I wouldn't be surprised if you could also wire up a set of VM-44 Links to run off the PFAs (with a recorder's P48) as hi and lo did with these Neumann capsules and cables. > http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=178035.0

--- End quote ---

^
Naiant is constructing a PFA to power my VM-44 Links using P48 as we speak.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version