Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New AT853 mounts  (Read 374 times)

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
New AT853 mounts
« on: November 02, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
I had a couple ideas and Scott (https://www.shapeways.com/shops/srsrecordingservices) came through.  Here are a couple quick pictures of the mounts (sorry for the crappy image quality).  As for how they'll be used...well, just use your imagination  >:D
Mics: Core Sound TetraMic | AT4031s | Countryman B3s | CA-14 omnis | AT853 cards | AKG 460/ck61 | Studio Projects CS5
Decks: Zoom F4 | Roland R-05

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: New AT853 mounts
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »
Turn the clips around the other way so the capsule is overhanging the clip, and you've got boundary mics to sit on a stage lip.  The mounts with 4 holes imply they'll be screwed down to a surface.  The other ones wil the slots might be putting velcro straps through and attaching to a rail of some sort.  Without fastening them down they'd tip over which is why I suspect you have them this way for the picture.  You wouldn't really want to orient them that way as the clip base would cause an early reflection point right in front of the capsule.

EDIT: Seeing your other thread asking about stage lip setups, can I assume my theory is correct?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:43:36 PM by voltronic »
DPA 4061 | Line Audio CM3 | Naiant X-Q
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24
Tascam DR-70D JWMod | Sony PCM-M10

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.    ///    If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
- Gustav Mahler

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 09:22:57 PM »
Turn the clips around the other way so the capsule is overhanging the clip, and you've got boundary mics to sit on a stage lip.  The mounts with 4 holes imply they'll be screwed down to a surface.  The other ones wil the slots might be putting velcro straps through and attaching to a rail of some sort.  Without fastening them down they'd tip over which is why I suspect you have them this way for the picture.  You wouldn't really want to orient them that way as the clip base would cause an early reflection point right in front of the capsule.

EDIT: Seeing your other thread asking about stage lip setups, can I assume my theory is correct?
I didn't have stage lip in mind for these.  I also wasn't thinking of using screws.  I've got some ideas about using these incorporated into a backpack and/or jacket.  That said, you raise some interesting ideas I hadn't considered!
Mics: Core Sound TetraMic | AT4031s | Countryman B3s | CA-14 omnis | AT853 cards | AKG 460/ck61 | Studio Projects CS5
Decks: Zoom F4 | Roland R-05

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:39:14 AM »

I didn't have stage lip in mind for these.  I also wasn't thinking of using screws.  I've got some ideas about using these incorporated into a backpack and/or jacket.  That said, you raise some interesting ideas I hadn't considered!

Now I have some ideas >:D
Mics: ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-70D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.13 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com