Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Suggestions Needed for CA-11 Card Replacement

(1/5) > >>

rockphantom:
I am looking for a replacement for my CA-11 mics.
I would like to get away from the Church Audio line for the same reasons as many others on TS.

I am searching for a card mic with FLAT response that is capable of accurately capturing LOUD shows.
As a fan of classic hard rock, I primarily capture bands such as Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, and Van Halen.

I am considering the Core Sound Stealthy Cardioid mics.
However, I have read feedback regarding Core Sound's customer service "issues" on the forum.
I am not looking to have another customer service experience similar to what I've experienced with Church Audio.

My mic budget is around $300.
I am planning to unload ALL of my Church gear once I get going with the new mic, so I should be able to recover the money spent on my new gear pretty quickly.

I am open to all options. I do not prefer one brand over another.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you!

lsd2525:
AT853.

heathen:

--- Quote from: rockphantom on May 11, 2018, 10:23:33 AM ---I am planning to unload ALL of my Church gear once I get going with the new mic, so I should be able to recover the money spent on my new gear pretty quickly.

--- End quote ---

I don't know what Church gear you have, but if you've got one of his small battery boxes or preamps, you might consider holding on to those.  You can use them with several other small mics (like the AT853s mentioned above) that rely on plug in power.

rockphantom:
Thanks for the advice. I have an Ugly 2 preamp and the 9200.

heathen:
Yeah I'd definitely keep those if I was you...unless you need to get rid of them to fund something else, of course  :shrug:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version