Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

What's voltage should I use for line out?

(1/2) > >>

MakersMarc:
My Activo ct 10 provides for choosable 0.7, 1, 1.25 or 2v for line out. Which is best?

Thanks!

morst:

--- Quote from: MakersMarc on November 16, 2018, 02:20:21 PM ---My Activo ct 10 provides for choosable 0.7, 1, 1.25 or 2v for line out. Which is best?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
It depends on what you are going into.  Is that voltage level the "nominal" or peak voltage level?

Professional mixing consoles can handle 2v nominal. (So can the Sony PCM-M10, but at peak, I think)
Semi-pro gear might not take more than 0.775 v (the old Zoom H2 max input level is 0.775v)

MakersMarc:
Thanks Morst. Have to check the manual. Have it set to 0.7 right now.

Running into old Nikko 520 receiver, 40 watts per channel.

morst:

--- Quote from: MakersMarc on November 19, 2018, 09:46:51 PM ---Thanks Morst. Have to check the manual. Have it set to 0.7 right now.

Running into old Nikko 520 receiver, 40 watts per channel.

--- End quote ---
Go low.
0.7 should be great. Any higher and you won't get to use the volume knob very much cause it will be really loud anyhow!?

Chilly Brioschi:
The 540 Manual is here:

https://www.vintageshifi.com/repertoire-pdf/Nikko.php

It's calling out  150mV / 30 Ω   

...So agreeing on 0.7v,  1.0v maybe, but watch for "tubby bottom syndrome"...

BTW, those Nikkos were well regarded
At that age where an inspection of the capacitors for leakage is due, if not done already.
Have someone who is experienced do the check, if you aren't familiar with the safety and specifics of the procedure.
Capacitors are cheap, some of those older transistors are nearly impossible to replace....  (bad caps can fry transistors)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version