Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: spark me strikes again!!!  (Read 5170 times)

Offline ice8888

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
spark me strikes again!!!
« on: July 07, 2003, 01:58:50 PM »
so i tried running 24/48 again last night.  got through 2 hours and 4 minutes (which is the 2GB limit in spark) and then when it went to open a new window to continue recording it came up with a "disk full" error.  problem is that i had 10GB free.  i'm running a powerbook and using spark me v2.8 and was recording using the w64 format at 24/48.  any ideas as to why this would happen?  it's frustrating because i have the powerbook tweaked to the point that it is fairly stable for recording a full show... and then this happened.  :(

thanks for any help!
jon ice

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:spark me strikes again!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 12:47:45 AM »
This is in OSX, right? I know Scott Brown had problems with SparkME on his Powerbook. I don't think he ever solved them, though a different version of Spark may work - I haven't heard from him on that issue yet. I recommend DP4, but make sure you get 4 and not 4.01 if you decide on this because there is a bug in 4.01.

I use DP3 in OS9 on a Pismo and once I configured the system, I have NEVER (knock wood) had a problem recording.

-Matt
Out of the game … for now?

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 09:26:04 AM »
whats' the 4.01 bug?  you told me to use 4.01 instead of 4 before...

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 11:37:15 AM »
Might just be with the MIO/ULN-2 ... digital "grunge" noise occurs in certain setups under OS 10.2.6. If this happens, try lowering the DP buffer to 512. If that 'fix' doesn't work, then go back to DP4. According to the MIO list, this is an acknowledged bug by MOTU.

If you've used it already and it has worked, don't worry about it. Your setup would either produce it right away or not at all.

-Matt
Out of the game … for now?

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 12:26:36 PM »
haven't touched dp4 yet...but thanks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com