Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: VERY strange UA5 Oddity lastnight can anyone explain?  (Read 6928 times)

Offline 1st set only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
Re: VERY strange UA5 Oddity lastnight can anyone explain?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 09:16:10 AM »
Good news is that the recording is perfect.

your recording can't be perfect, because you're missing all of set 2  :P

edit to add:  how did you Spooky Ghost tape come out?  you and I were the only ones rolling for that.

very good sans vocals though. Next time there is he is there im setting up in the back for his set or running a matrix.
the show is over go home please.

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 09:45:48 AM »
edit to add:  how did you Spooky Ghost tape come out?  you and I were the only ones rolling for that.

very good sans vocals though. Next time there is he is there im setting up in the back for his set or running a matrix.

hmmm, that's funny, I think the vocals came out nice and clear on my tape.  maybe it's because I had my mics set up a little higher than yours?  If you'd like a copy of mine, hit me up with a PM.

Offline 1st set only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • you are what you is
    • Don Poulsen Illustration and Graphic Design
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 10:33:11 AM »

hmmm, that's funny, I think the vocals came out nice and clear on my tape.  maybe it's because I had my mics set up a little higher than yours?  If you'd like a copy of mine, hit me up with a PM.
they are there, its just that you can tell that the vocals are coming from a diffrent direction. bring a copy to the next delf id love to hear it. im sure id had to do with height i was running low. the guitar came out stellar though.
the show is over go home please.

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 01:24:15 PM »
they are there, its just that you can tell that the vocals are coming from a diffrent direction. bring a copy to the next delf id love to hear it. im sure id had to do with height i was running low. the guitar came out stellar though.

no problem  :)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2005, 01:53:24 PM »
so what you are saying if the show is loud enough you can have the levels all the way at 0 and still get signal?
it really wasnt that loud.

The knobs on the front are "gain", not "attenuation", meaning, at 0 on the knobs, there is no gain and the line-out signal is the same as the signal-in or "unity".  When you add gain, the essentially turn up the line-in making the line-out louder.  That's why at 0, you still get signal... 

The volume knob on the back for the RCA inputs is indeed attenuation, if you turn this down to 0, you get no signal...

The headphone/monitor output knob has no effect on digital outputs on the UA5.

I'm sure my jargon is a bit off, but you get the idea...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com