Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 problems  (Read 7558 times)

Offline joel

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • known in some parts as Jhudson844 or jamlivedotorg
    • jamlive.org
Re:JB3 problems
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2003, 11:59:12 PM »
Ironic that I'd come in here to post about my JB3 problems and find this thread at the top  :-\

Unfortunately Creative Tech Support broke my JB3 on Friday morning as I was gettin ready to walk out the door to my first of two festivals on back to back weekends.  It was operating just fine, but for some reason I couldn't upgrade the firmware on it from 1.10.06 to 1.11.07 or 1.20.06 which would give me level meters.  Still I'd gladly give up level meters for a working JB3.  Well the guy tells me to enter rescue mode and remove the OS.  I guess I am an idiot for listening to him and trusting the instructions e-mailed to me.  So now with the OS removed, I still had the same problem I had to begin with: couldn't upgrade the firmware on it.  With the firmware that was on it removed, now it boots up and says "firmware problem" then goes straight to rescue mode.  So I had to pick up a pack of mini-discs :-X and head out to the festival. :(  Ran my UA-5>Optical>silver hockey puck.  Took the software and the USB cable out to the fest and the festival promoter was nice enough to let me use his computer to try and re-install the firmware but no dice-same problem.

Oh and the coup de grĂ¢ce: the next Creative tech support guy I spoke to said they'd be glad to charge me to fix my JB3 for me since it's out of warranty.  >:(
http://jamlive.org

AKG 483>Busman T-Mod R4
SBD>Busman V-Mod R4

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2003, 07:43:38 AM »
i definantly need to upgrade my firmware to give me level meters! i ran for 9 bands without having levels on saturday, what a bitch!

wrangler_n_space

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2003, 10:42:50 AM »
Weeks and i both use the 1.32 firmware with no problems.

Offline joel

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • known in some parts as Jhudson844 or jamlivedotorg
    • jamlive.org
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2003, 06:56:10 PM »
Back in Business!!
Did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the JB3 software and drivers on my PC and got my deck up and running again after the Creative Tech support folks lost it in what should've been routine firmware upgrade surgery and had pronounced it dead.  Better yet I have the latest driver installed and was able to upgrade the firmware to 1.20.06.

:)
http://jamlive.org

AKG 483>Busman T-Mod R4
SBD>Busman V-Mod R4

Offline wbaldwin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • giddyup!
    • My Trading List
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2003, 10:42:22 AM »
I've also been using the 1.32 firmware with no problems at all....

I'm begining to think this puppy is pretty slick actually

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com