Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MT2496 update question  (Read 1496 times)

Offline polyphonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
MT2496 update question
« on: March 10, 2006, 10:25:56 AM »
What is the best method to update the firmware?  Is their a better platform (PC/Mac) or ANYTHING special or weird or quirky about the firmware update process? 

Do i have to do them sequentially or does the most current update include the previous?

thanks
 ::)

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: MT2496 update question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 10:40:26 AM »
What is the best method to update the firmware?  Is their a better platform (PC/Mac) or ANYTHING special or weird or quirky about the firmware update process? 

Do i have to do them sequentially or does the most current update include the previous?

thanks
 ::)

Both platforms downloads are really the same files. The 'Windows' set is just inside a zip file and the 'Mac' set of files is inside a .dmg file.  Ultimately, once you gan access to the files, you just copy them to the compact flash card in the MicroTrack so it doesn't matter how they get there as long as they do. Then you boot up the MicroTrack and select the firmware update option which reads the files from the compact flash card.  And you do not need to update to any interim version between updates. The latest update even says so I believe.

J.T.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com