Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 Repair  (Read 1492 times)

Offline poppag76

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
JB3 Repair
« on: August 06, 2006, 06:52:59 PM »
OK so last night I came home from a hard night of drinking at around 5 am and I open my door and what do I see?  Water pouring out of my ceiling through a light onto my kitchen counter.  And what is on my kitchen counter?  My JB3.  I figure the amount of water on my floor and counter and the rate at which the water was coming out, I probably got there about 30 min after the water started coming through the ceiling.  Long story short.....

My question is:  My buttons on my JB3 work every once in a while and it will turn on, but I can't make the thing run.  Are there any places that service JB3s?  Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Turns out that not the apartment above me, but the apartment above that had some leak.  It leaked and flooded the second floor apartment and then flooded mine.  

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Berliner CM33->USBPre2->HD-P2(busman modded)

Offline Diamond_D

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Who's not honoring me now?
Re: JB3 Repair
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 08:10:03 PM »
If it still turns on, chances are it's OK. Take the cover off, and take off any other easily removed pieces, and just let it dry out completely (at least a few days, if not a week). I've been surprised with the electronics that survive water damage once they've totally dried out.
SP-C4's > Canare Star Quads > UA5 (bm2p+) > H120

"Drums, Guitars, and Death. They finally got it right."
        Beavis & Butthead

Offline LEDZEPZOSO

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: JB3 Repair
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 08:38:29 PM »
Take your batteries out also while you let it dry

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com