Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: need a recommendation  (Read 3500 times)

Offline saxophoner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
need a recommendation
« on: March 08, 2007, 06:17:34 PM »
just got a PMD660 that comes with a 64mb card.  need something ALOT bigger, duh.  I've read that some card brands are bunk or don't work on specific decks.  I want atleast a 4 gig card, could you give me a name brand/model number of a reliable one.  i see alot of third party cards on ebay but feel dumb paying $10 for something retails $60+
if you've got an extra shoot me a pm
thanks ahead of time
travis
microphones > a/d pre > recorder
Travis from Wisconsin

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: need a recommendation
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 06:37:12 PM »
just got a PMD660 that comes with a 64mb card.  need something ALOT bigger, duh.  I've read that some card brands are bunk or don't work on specific decks.  I want atleast a 4 gig card, could you give me a name brand/model number of a reliable one.  i see alot of third party cards on ebay but feel dumb paying $10 for something retails $60+
if you've got an extra shoot me a pm
thanks ahead of time
travis

SanDisk is a great reliable brand.    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820171104

also Kingston is a great card.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820160034

The above linked cards are just two examples.  If you stick with one of those brands you can price shop more towards your own budget but they are a good starting point.

dorrcoq

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: need a recommendation
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »
SanDisk is probably the best, but I have a Transcend 4 GB that works well

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com