Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BitTorrent decoding errors w. FLAC Frontend  (Read 4992 times)

Offline willherrmann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
BitTorrent decoding errors w. FLAC Frontend
« on: July 30, 2003, 09:13:09 AM »
Help!!  I've just gotten into the whole BitTorrent thing, and I've downloaded two shows, but both are suffering from a similar problem.

After the BitTorrent session is complete, and the show has fully downloaded (and after I have left the session running for another day or so to let others continue their downloads), I try to convert the .FLAC files to .wav using the FLAC Frontend interface.  Well, the DOS screen kicks in and the decode process begins, but for every track, it's showing tons of errors, and then the decode session aborts.

Now, I was under the impression that a BiTTorrent session automatically checks the integrity of all the files after they are downloaded, so unless the actual source files are corrupt (which they're not...others have successfully decoded the same BitTorrent download), the downloaded files should be error-free.

That takes me to the FLAC frontend decoder.  I don't think that's the problem either, because the decoder does just fine with .FLAC files I download from FTP, or any of the LivePhish downloads I've bought.  It's just the .FLAC files from the BitTorrent sessions that are decoding with errors.

I'm thoroughly stumped on what is going on here.  I checked the "decode through errors" box on FLAC Frontend to see if it would still decode, but even with that checked, there errors are too severe and it aborts.

What am I doing wrong here?  Should I try a different decoder or wouldn't that matter?  Any other suggestions?  It's driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance.

Will

willherrmann (at) comcast.net

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
Re:BitTorrent decoding errors w. FLAC Frontend
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 04:13:55 AM »
This won't help solve your problem but you can test the FLAC's in the FrontEnd, at least then you can tell if you are downloading the files inact.

As another test you can also take the FLAC files and fingerprint them, then see if the fingerprints match those in the txt file (assuming there is one).

Good luck,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
Re:BitTorrent decoding errors w. FLAC Frontend
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2003, 06:16:51 AM »
Is the BT session still open when you try to decode? That is most likely the issue. The files are in use at that point until you close the session.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com