Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 52x audio...any problems?  (Read 7415 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
52x audio...any problems?
« on: August 16, 2003, 12:40:35 PM »
So I am thinking of upgrading to a 52x burner and I am curious if anyone has any problems burning that fast for audio and data CD's.  I currently run a 12x with no problems...and am curious as to input.

Thx.

Nick

Offline blu666z

• Trade Count: (1)
  • AT ES943(H/C/O caps) » JKLab PP9 Pre » wmod UA-5
Re:52x audio...any problems?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 02:27:30 PM »
I burn ar 40x(I think) with no problems.  I know its not 52 but getting close.

-Kevin

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 03:46:46 PM »
I am pretty sure that media is not even made for 52x in the affordable range....guess I am looking for experience in the 48x range.  Thanks Kevin...any other opinions?

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 02:50:42 AM »
drives that claim to write at 48x or 52x only really write at about 40x....at least, so I've read.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 07:04:39 AM »
*still writes at 8x*
I don't trust anything higher

Offline Kevin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 02:51:28 PM »
I am pretty sure that media is not even made for 52x in the affordable range....guess I am looking for experience in the 48x range.  Thanks Kevin...any other opinions?
There are some affordable ones...I actually think that they arent more expensive than other discs, THINK ::)
my 52X doesnt even burn past 20x I dont understand why...poss. b/c its firewire and the media is on my external firewire drive
481(3)>722

Offline RRobar

• Mac Design Geek
  • "It's allgood ....brah!"
    • Headway Graphixx
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 03:44:09 PM »
There are some affordable ones...I actually think that they arent more expensive than other discs, THINK ::)
my 52X doesnt even burn past 20x I dont understand why...poss. b/c its firewire and the media is on my external firewire drive

It's the buffer underrun protection. If you really only get 20x that is pretty much what your PC can safely burn at. I have a 32x burner now and I occasionally will burn at 32xbut usually no fatser than 24x as it's pretty minimal on the speed in the end. My PC will burn 24x solidly so that the max for me. I will normally only goto 16x but sometime making audios for folks I'll run 24 or 32x.

Also 52x media is the same price as any other as far as I can see. The biggest issue with burning at higher speeds is that older (really older) cd players may have trouble playing back a disc burned at a high speed. But this is really only for really old players.
Need Graphic Design Work? Goto http://www.headwaygraphixx.com

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 04:22:14 PM »
good info thanks guys!

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 04:51:10 PM »
the plex 40x scsi definitely is faster than 24x :)

DaryanLenz

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 06:41:54 PM »
I have a plextor 48x, use it all the time, and always average a speed of at least 40x while burning.  I only burn data cd's on it though!

Daryan

rabhan

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 06:55:52 PM »
my IDE 32x LG burns 80m cdrs in like 2-3mins.....my SCSI 12x plex burns in like 6min.....

Offline Kevin

• Taperssection All-Star
    • Company Website (Learn to play by ear or by I.)
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 05:51:52 PM »

It's the buffer underrun protection. If you really only get 20x that is pretty much what your PC can safely burn at. I have a 32x burner now and I occasionally will burn at 32xbut usually no fatser than 24x as it's pretty minimal on the speed in the end.
Even if I tell it to burn at 52X?  I thought it was because it had to access the files through my external drive (i guess buffer underrun) and it takes longer than the internal HD.
481(3)>722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com