Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audix M1290?  (Read 4165 times)

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am a real American
Audix M1290?
« on: November 28, 2003, 08:06:53 PM »
what do you know about these mics?  

negative - non changeable caps

Offline EA

• Taperssection All-Star
Re:Audix M1290?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 09:01:29 PM »
I seem to recall Doug Oade saying he got a pair of these and liked them. Do a search over at Oade board. I can't recall if it was on the new board or the old one though
Why is there no boxing in the special olympics?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 10:01:06 PM »
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=2206

This is what I recall to be the most in depth discussion on this series of mics here on ts.com.

you might also hit Phil Lucks / plucks up for some input, as he has run them as well.

If this is Phil at Sonicsense, he was trying to get me to look into these instead of DPA 4071's.  He thought I would be happier with these.

Pfife

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 03:36:11 AM »
I'm hoping to be the genuia pig that gets to do some stealth work with em.

Phil Lucks recorded moe, source 1290s > v3 > DAT, great sounding stuff.  You should get a copy of that if you can.  I don't know anyone else using them.  Are we starting a new team Al?

Offline InfiniteOhms

• Taperssection Member
    • LMA Uploads
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 03:42:25 PM »
wow ... just checkin out the spec sheet... thye look pretty sweet. They even have MINI SHOCK MOUNTS ;D
ADK A-51s LE's > Oade W-mod UA-5 > Zoom H4n Pro if I bother to drag out a full rig. More often just the H4N Pro. My LMA tapes

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 04:04:16 PM »
I really enjoyed the M1290s for the time i ran them FOB at moe..
I figured those who run them will probably be trying to go low profile, so i gave them a test run. They didn't lack on the low end at all as the 40-20Hz response is pretty darn well rounded.  They could hardly be seen next to the Schoeps and Neumann's i as with that night.  
As for farther away, i did tape the Keller opener from the back of an open air venue with a decent sound system.  It definitely sounded farther away, but i guess being able to run hyper's would have helped.
As for the caps, i spoke with Audix about this.  You can change the caps but it is NOT recommended and if something were to happen, it may void warranty.  
Another link with some pictures can be found: http://207.36.59.179/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=field

I listened to another Audix tape from a tiny venue in Denver with some bluegrass type music.  As there is not a lot of low end in bluegrass, not a lot appeared on tape.  Still, they are quite crisp sounding!
I do have a sample tape available with this and a Moe. disk too if interested.  I think once more people get a listen to them, they will be quite pleased!

Phil
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 04:58:24 PM »
nice pics and review Phil! I would have bought these already but a great deal came up on an M1 and 7pin and I couldn't pass it up :-[

peace

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 09:50:19 PM »
Congrats Schwill-ipino!!  "Build your rig and the mics will come."  :)  (+T)

Offline save

• Taperssection All-Star
  • blah blah blah
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2003, 01:16:53 AM »
may not be a huge help, but i run audix scx-one mics and love them.  i'm been wanting to try the new m2390's, but don't have the money right now.  from the reviews i've heard they sound like a pretty nice sounding mic.
save

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 01:19:05 AM »
got to listen to a small sample of that moe. show over at SonicSense one day.. I was very impressed.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2003, 04:52:43 AM »
it is a bit of a help stupid, because the micros series and the scx-one sue the same circuitry

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com