Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Software, Mac  (Read 5977 times)

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My cd List
Re: Software, Mac
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »
Can someone help me through the process of multitracking in Reaper? If I have 4 mono tracks how do I create a single stereo file from these?
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Can someone help me through the process of multitracking in Reaper? If I have 4 mono tracks how do I create a single stereo file from these?

• With a blank workflow window open, drag and drop your tracks into the window, make sure when you drop that you don't drop on top of something else, but otherwise it's just drop everything in. They should create separate tracks for each.
  • Turn off snap to grid (Green Magnet icon, or Option+S
  • Adjust your tracks so that they are all in sync to your liking
  • Set the pan function to appropriate L/R settings. (grey knob, left had side of each track)
  • In an area below the last track info block on the left, right click and Show Master Track (or Option+Apple+M)
  • Add any mastering plugins you might use (limiting or dither if you don't want to use the stock reaper one) and ensure you don't have overages
  • When done, do File > Render (or Option+Apple+R) and make sure that you pay attention to the options there. After churning away for a bit it will produce your resulting mix

You can also check your overages during render if you don't mind doing it twice (it will point out how far over you are when it does the render, but you have to sit and watch it)
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
    • My cd List
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »
Thanks. Trying to figure out which program works best for me. I always used Wavelab and Soundforge in the past and know those pretty well, but since migrating to all Mac in our house I don't want to buy the Mac versions and I haven't found a cheaper alternative that is as intuitive coming from that background. I've already crossed Amadeus and Audacity of the list. Anyway I'm rambling, thanks again, I'll give this a try.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com