Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO sound card advice for HTPC  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Chad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Trade Lists
ISO sound card advice for HTPC
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
I am going to be putting together a HTPC soon. Do you guys have any advice or recommendations on what are some good sound cards out there now. I'll be connecting to a Yamaha RX-V1800 AV receiver via HDMI to a 5.1 speaker setup.

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ISO sound card advice for HTPC
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »
I'm running an AMD A6-3670K on an ASUS F1A75-M PRO/CSM (I was shipped the Corporate Stable Model free of charge) and it serves me perfectly fine running on-board Realtek Audio connected via HDMI to a Yamaha HTR-6260 receiver.  In fact, I had used on-board audio on my previous HTPC build 18 months back and it was crystal clear (no hiss) as well.   Even the Zotac ZBOX Nano AD10 that I ran in-between builds did a solid job of HD Audio via HDMI.

On-board audio, when ran digitally, has come a long way from the old days.

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: ISO sound card advice for HTPC
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »
I have an intel i3-2120t > asrock mini-itx intel board and use both the chipset audio via optical out for audio on a second output and the intel built in audio on the hdmi (part of the CPU video) to run my tv

The chipset works great w/ foobar2000 (currently using the openasio driver for it)

And I can watch tv through the htpc and listen to music in a different room using foobar

Pretty sweet

No additional sound card was needed

My only gripe is that my on board sound does not support 88.2 or 176.4 kHz sampling rates.
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com