Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Quick comparison, which sounds better? [Piano]  (Read 1590 times)

Offline matahaka

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Quick comparison, which sounds better? [Piano]
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:58:14 AM »
Hey guys,

Could you guys take a quick listen to let me know which you prefer? One has some EQ done, while the other does not.. I am also open to suggestions, and criticism to improvements, thank you very much!

Offline JasonR

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoepsoholic
Re: Quick comparison, which sounds better? [Piano]
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 12:04:15 PM »
Well, since no one else has downloaded them...
Until 13 seconds, it's splitting hairs.  At that point, I think the "B" example sounds clearer and less overwhelmed by the resonances of the casing or lid maybe.

What's the difference?  My guess is different lid positions.  (Way out on a limb...)
Schoeps MK21,MK4,MK41,MK41V,MK8 > CMC5/Naiant Tinybox/PFAs > Sound Devices 744T, Sony PCM-M10
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > SD 744T, M10

Offline matahaka

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Quick comparison, which sounds better? [Piano]
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
Well, since no one else has downloaded them...
Until 13 seconds, it's splitting hairs.  At that point, I think the "B" example sounds clearer and less overwhelmed by the resonances of the casing or lid maybe.

What's the difference?  My guess is different lid positions.  (Way out on a limb...)

Thanks Jason for responding!

They are from the same recording, B has some eq applied while A was the original. I would have posted a longer sample but it seems the limitations of uploading was 512kb per file. I think the issue was that I was using omni's and the mics may have been alittle too far back.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com