Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: stealth mics and power supply  (Read 3194 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
ISO: stealth mics and power supply
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:28:38 PM »
Been using internals on my small handheld recorders and it’s been hit or miss. Mostly miss. It’s loud alt music I really won’t be posting anywhere. Mostly stuff my daughter likes. I won’t be body wearing anything. I have other ways of mounting mics and securing small pres or batt box and recorder. I’m thinking SP mics and and the SP PRE>M10. No idea which mics to look at. Will something like this work? Not looking to spend a lot. Already have recorders.

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
Re: ISO: stealth mics and power supply
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 06:30:37 PM »
Church Audio CA-14s or AT-853s. There are card and omni options for each. The CA-14s will be a little cheaper but the 853s will be more durable. Both sound great for the price point.
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline lmgbtapes

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 01:18:35 AM »
I just bought a pair of CA-14 omnis and I really love them. Church is actually running a sale right now- $99 for CA-11 or CA-14s. You can't go wrong with either, really. CA-11s are more "flat" (i.e. closer to recording exactly what you hear?), is my understanding.

https://www.facebook.com/churchaudiomics/posts/947707465432137

That + the CA-ugly battery box is pretty much as small and perfect for stealth as you can get, I think? https://www.church-audio.com/shop/battery-boxes/ugly-battery-box/

I use a zoom h4n pro that has pretty good preamps, hence not needing a preamp. So this setup is pretty perfect for me.

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:05:02 AM »
Church Audio CA-14s or AT-853s. There are card and omni options for each. The CA-14s will be a little cheaper but the 853s will be more durable. Both sound great for the price point.

Seconded. Both show up pretty regularly here in the yard sale as well. (Be sure to get the low-sensitivity mod for the 853s if you're recording anything even moderately loud.)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 10:03:28 AM »

Seconded. Both show up pretty regularly here in the yard sale as well. (Be sure to get the low-sensitivity mod for the 853s if you're recording anything even moderately loud.)

Who does the mod?

Offline johnjon94

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »

Who does the mod?

Sound professionals can do the mod if you purchase the 853's from them.

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »
for reliability, go with SoundPros. Nice folks to deal with, too

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com