Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AD2K Help  (Read 1867 times)

Offline dgale

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists
AD2K Help
« on: October 28, 2006, 01:20:02 PM »
My AD2K is no longer powering up and I'm hoping for some insight into what's wrong and/or repair advice.  I was using it 4-5 months ago at a show and recorded the first set fine and left everything on during the set break...when I can back a few minutes before the 2nd set, it was powered down, so I tried everything an no luck - the pwer light would come on for a second and then turn off, so I figured the battery was dead.  Since I had charged the battery fully the night before and it usually would run the AD2K forever, I figured the battery was old and failing. 

Long and short of it, I didn't use the AD2K again until a few nights ago - I had recieved a fairly new EcoCharge with a DA-P1 I bought and th ecocharge has both a 7.5v out and a 12v out, so I set up at a show and plugged the AD2K in and nothing...just a dull flicker of the power light and then nothing.  Any thoughts on what'g going on?  Does Benchmark still work on/repair these units?  Please advise - I love that A/D and I'm now without 24 bit until I hopefully can fix it.
http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
Re: AD2K Help
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 11:31:53 PM »
Did you check the fuse to make sure it's still good?

I blew mine just by plugging it in to the battery a few months ago.  It'll cost you about $140 to ship to Benchmark, have them fix it, and have them ship it back...that is, if the power supply is blown.  Super cool folks though.  They'll spiff up the unit, and clean'er up right well.  Talk to Rory.
Socks are overrated.

Offline dgale

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 08:42:12 PM »
Yeah, I did check the fuse but that's about all I could think to do...thanks for the input.  I sent Benchmark an e-mail and hopefully will be shipping it off soon. 
http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Still loves his mic pre's
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 09:44:45 PM »
Did you check the fuse to make sure it's still good?

I blew mine just by plugging it in to the battery a few months ago.  It'll cost you about $140 to ship to Benchmark, have them fix it, and have them ship it back...that is, if the power supply is blown.  Super cool folks though.  They'll spiff up the unit, and clean'er up right well.  Talk to Rory.

Mine is runnig fine, but I want to send it in for ther clean-up. Been meaning to do it for a while now - I should pack it up right now while I'm thinking about it ;D
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com