Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic Compendium  (Read 5857 times)

Offline chuckcage

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Learning fast...
Mic Compendium
« on: November 21, 2003, 02:03:20 PM »
Maybe this is a stupid thought, but...

Has anyone seen a list compiled anywhere of all the popular mics with their common uses and comments from users?

Chuck
---
Currently:
C1000s/MK012 > PB224 > AD-20 > NJB3

Offline chuckcage

• Taperssection Regular
  • Learning fast...
Re:Mic Compendium
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 02:17:42 PM »
I've seen all these "what mics should I buy" questions, and it occurred to me that it'd be really cool to put together a big text file the organizes mics into price categories, include specs and then -- most importantly -- pro and con comments from actual users.

Looks like that contains the specs, but I don't think I've seen anything really directed at not only "what it is technically" but "what users think."

I was considering posting and asking everyone to email me their mic/pre/AD config along with comments.

Good idea/bad ideas?

Chuck
---
Currently:

Offline Tim

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 02:37:08 PM »
My entry:
u89/m148/modsbm-1  
- more colored than Michael Jackson circa 1975
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 01:34:19 AM »
theres a mic review thread over on www.tapeop.com as well in the general discussion

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »
theres a mic review thread over on www.tapeop.com as well in the general discussion
this is a pretty weak list though.
we need one for the tapers.  like neumann mics are wet and warm and schoeps are bright and oktavas have a muddy low end and shit like that.
we should make a database...link similar sounding mics together...post reviews about sound quality with different preamps...samples of each...it owuld be pretty sweet!  i don't have any database experience though, but i bet someone on here does.  we just need to get info together for it.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline chuckcage

• Taperssection Regular
  • Learning fast...
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 05:38:51 PM »
i don't have any database experience though, but i bet someone on here does.  we just need to get info together for it.

I've been thinking since I posted this, and I believe I'm going to do it.  I looked at all these sources, and I think you're right...  They list all sorts of technical specs, but what I was thinking of cataloging were opinions.  

Hmm...  I think I'll throw together some pages.  Look for my posting a bit later...

Chuck
---
Currently:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com