Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AD-20 ????  (Read 1896 times)

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA bookmarks
AD-20 ????
« on: May 04, 2004, 10:03:21 PM »
Is it possible to rig a AD-20 to run on 48volts by modifin' it yourself? I was lookin' at PS-2 unit you can buy for phantom power and was wonderin' if I could build my own power supply to boost the juice up to 48 volts w/ a rechargeable battery for less.
Thanks in advance
Peace
http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline macroint

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Jeff's List
Re: AD-20 ????
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 08:38:27 PM »
I've got my NJB3 figured out enough that I'll try to tape Bit Ritmo tomorrow night for practice...everything's working fine, no problem making transfers to my computer and then extracting and burning. No problems.

Except for one...not a major problem, because everything works fine regardless, but still a problem: the battery light on my AD-20 won't stay red. When you stick the battery in, when it first makes contact for the charge, there's a stutter of red, but doesn't go continuous and doesn't last long. The gain works for both mics. How long does one Energizer 9volt last, on the safe side?

jeff
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 08:47:47 PM »
I've got my NJB3 figured out enough that I'll try to tape Bit Ritmo tomorrow night for practice...everything's working fine, no problem making transfers to my computer and then extracting and burning. No problems.

Except for one...not a major problem, because everything works fine regardless, but still a problem: the battery light on my AD-20 won't stay red. When you stick the battery in, when it first makes contact for the charge, there's a stutter of red, but doesn't go continuous and doesn't last long. The gain works for both mics. How long does one Energizer 9volt last, on the safe side?

jeff

Ithink it'll last about 9hrs.   I don't use mine much, but I have taped for at least 6 or 7 hours on a brand new Duracell.  It had one of those testers on the package, and I kept checking it after each band, and it kept checking out well.

If you are really worried - just get a new battery.  You'll be happy you did.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 10:45:51 PM »
the battery light on the ad-20 only comes on when the battery is low...
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline macroint

• Jeff's List
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 11:52:18 PM »
the battery light on the ad-20 only comes on when the battery is low...

Oh, I didn't know that (obviously)...+T

jeff
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com