Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iphone 7plus  (Read 7441 times)

Offline in2blues

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
iphone 7plus
« on: August 20, 2018, 11:02:15 PM »
Looking to pick up new phone. Was looking at iphone 7plus. Can anyone give me feedback on the quality of video and audio recording? Can you hook up external microphones? Do you need to upload app to record audio, if so any that you would recommend ? Any phone might recommend over 7plus for video in same price range? Thanks for any information

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: iphone 7plus
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 09:22:35 AM »
At this point wait a few weeks till they release the new version.
You might get a better camera or if nothing else the old version will come down in price
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 08:18:17 AM »
I can shoot in 4K with my 7 Plus and it looks really nice -- as long as the conditions under which I'm shooting video are good.  Which is to say, as long as I have lots of natural light, it's great.  I used it at a show one time when my regular videocam ran out of juice and the iPhone didn't hold up so well.  It constantly wants to adjust to the lighting, but it just can't seem to handle it very well.  That's been my experience.  As always -- YMMV.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 10:36:19 AM »
I can shoot in 4K with my 7 Plus and it looks really nice -- as long as the conditions under which I'm shooting video are good.  Which is to say, as long as I have lots of natural light, it's great.  I used it at a show one time when my regular videocam ran out of juice and the iPhone didn't hold up so well.  It constantly wants to adjust to the lighting, but it just can't seem to handle it very well.  That's been my experience.  As always -- YMMV.

You can manually  control the exposure.

Push anywhere on the screen and you’ll meter off that spot .Then hold you finger and swipe up or down

Offline guitard

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 11:10:39 AM »

Push anywhere on the screen and you’ll meter off that spot .Then hold you finger and swipe up or down

I do that.  But after a short while, it will reset itself.  And then I manually reset it all over again.  Is there a way to stop it from resetting the exposure?

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 02:16:15 PM »

I do that.  But after a short while, it will reset itself.  And then I manually reset it all over again.  Is there a way to stop it from resetting the exposure?

Have you tried Filmic Pro? That should have all the options.

As far as the Iphone without an App i'm not sure as i have  not filmed with my phone but i though it only reset if you touched the screen.

Offline guitard

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2018, 05:43:21 PM »
Have you tried Filmic Pro? That should have all the options.

I've heard about it - and even started a thread about it a little while back - bit I haven't tried it.  It's not exactly gonna break the bank, but is expensive as far as apps go ($14.99).

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=185481.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:44:59 PM by guitard »

Offline crowesBR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 01:52:04 AM »
i bought Filmic Pro a few days ago for my iPhone X.
have you tried yet?

i’ll do my first test next week.

Offline guitard

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 04:29:25 AM »
i bought Filmic Pro a few days ago for my iPhone X.
have you tried yet?

Just never got around to trying it out yet.  I'll be curious to hear how it goes for you.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com