Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AT943 3-wire/mini-XLR > 1/8 adaptor > battery box > Sony M10 line in = OK?  (Read 2037 times)

Offline hobbes4444

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
So I think I'm having issues with my Church Audio 9100 pre producing static when I move gear around a little to check levels.  I guess it could be the M10, and I probably need to investigate a little more to confirm, but think it's the Church pre.   My main set up is the AT943 that are terminated in mini-XLR and then the 9100 to the M10.  I also have adaptors to have the mini-XLR terminate in a single stereo 1/8 cable and I have a battery box that should sufficiently power that set up.  Will that be ok to avoid the distortion that can plague the AT mics without the 4.7k mod?  Or are the 943 series not succeptible to that problem?  Haven't been able to find a new mini-XLR power source for my mics and may run a show next week.

Thanks in advance!!
DPA 4061 (unmatched HEB and stock), AT933 hypercard caps (Sound Pro), Nak 300s, chopped Nak 300s
Denecke AD-20
Church 9100 mini XLR
D8, M1, R-09, MTII

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
Less susceptible than the AT853's...but yes, they are likely to distort.

If you were in the UK, I could lend you the cable in the photo below, which I believe was made by darktrain. It has the 4.7k mod in the miniplug. Maybe shoot him a pm?

That's if you have two mini-XLR's on your mics.

UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline hobbes4444

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Hmm.  That looks a little like the adaptor I have with the red band.  I think I picked it up as part of a package in the YS, so it may well be a 4.7k mod. . . have to dig it out.
DPA 4061 (unmatched HEB and stock), AT933 hypercard caps (Sound Pro), Nak 300s, chopped Nak 300s
Denecke AD-20
Church 9100 mini XLR
D8, M1, R-09, MTII

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com