Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: snake reccomendations?  (Read 2114 times)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
snake reccomendations?
« on: January 29, 2005, 06:17:10 PM »
is it going to be worth the savings to try and make my own snake?

im looking at about 24 channels, maybe less, not 100% sure yet. im getting this together for the band ive been working with, as they are just starting to get out and play (places that dont have a house board/snake and things have been a major PITA trying to mix from wierd locations int he room because of issues ultimatly coming down to not ahveing a good snake

i can do the soldering, and have the time to do it (not a extraordinary amount of time) but i think i can probably pull it off. the band is currently working on a demo and doesnt have any dates, so i have a little time to get it done

Offline John R

• Trade Count: (2)
    • www.tapers.org
Re: snake reccomendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:23:25 AM »
quick ebay search found this:  http://search.ebay.com/24-channel-snake_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

also, look into whirlwind.  i'd much rather buy one than make one.  there will be enough time to practice soldering when you need to repair it.

jr
we all live downstream.

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 11:09:42 AM »
There is a lot to be said for quality cableing...  you can get all the components at markertek.com and build a better snake than you could buy, and for less money.  However, that being said it would take some time. 

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 05:26:21 PM »
There is a lot to be said for quality cableing...  you can get all the components at markertek.com and build a better snake than you could buy, and for less money.  However, that being said it would take some time. 

Matt

not some time, a LOT of time.  I've built them before- talk about pain in the ass.  One thing to make a couple of sets of XLR's, at 24 channels you are talking about potentially 144 soldering joints, not to mention testing.  joy of joys.

search for mr patchbay on the net- i think he does snakes too really cheap.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com