Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MicroDot to mini stereo plug  (Read 2017 times)

Offline drdrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
MicroDot to mini stereo plug
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:01:12 AM »
hi,
 im looking at purchasing the dpa 4061, it sez it has a microdot connector. is there an adapter to go from that to the mini stereo plug for an md unit. or do you guys know of another way of adapting it.  tia.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MicroDot to mini stereo plug
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:10:27 AM »
Typically, the DPA 4061 microdot connector is used to connect to the DPA battery box or preamp.  Alternatively some people replace the microdot connector with a mini plug so they may use the mics with a non-DPA battery box.

Before you do anything with your 4061s and microdot connectors, first determine how you will power them.  The decision will impact what, if anything, you do with/to the current microdot connectors.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline drdrew

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 10:28:49 AM »
thanks for the quick reply, i already have the soundproffesionals battery box. i would like the mike to be plugged in to that.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 10:45:49 AM »
yeah, you can do that, but if you get one of the DPA MPS battery boxes, you can also power them.  They also have a model that will condition power, so they can run off phantom power.

I cut off lemo plugs and soldered them into a stereo miniplug (per Schwill's advice/knowledge) - but if they had microdots originally, I would have bought 1 or 2 of the different MPS boxes, depending on the need.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com