Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need help with soldering Hirose 4 pin battery cable for sound devices 302  (Read 2822 times)

Offline gusbud1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
I have a cable that I received about a year ago from sonic sense that never worked.  They gave me a number to eco charge which I could never get in touch with. I left messages but never heard from anyone. Anyways, my friend tested the cable and he found it was shorting out, so he can re-solder it but we need to know which pin is the positive and which is the negative.  The sound devices 302 says the 4 pin is positive and the 1 pin is negative, but which is the four pin and which is the 1 pin?? ???  Can anyone point me to a diagram of the order of pins or give me any idea how to figure this out.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 02:08:37 AM by gusbud1 »
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline gusbud1

• Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
I noticed that on the cable but which is the 4 and which is the 1 on the 302?
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline gusbud1

• Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
That would make sense, I checked the 302 and it doesn't have the pins listed. I guess I'll give Sound Devices a call on Monday, unless someone knows.  Thanks.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
I noticed that on the cable but which is the 4 and which is the 1 on the 302?

Theoretically, the pin assignments as viewed on the Hirose connector should map properly to the 302.  Doesn't make much sense to do otherwise.  So, for example (and I know this isn't how the pins are arranged, it' just for illustrative purposes), if viewed on-end the Hirose connector pins look like this:

1  2  3  4

Then the 302 pinouts viewed on-end would be:

4  3  2  1

The reason they're flipped is because visually when we view each connector independently, the pins on both are facing us.  When we actually connect them together, we have to flip one of the connectors 180ยบ so the pins face each other and we can plug them together.

'Course, the safe bet, as you suggested, is to ring Sound Devices for the definitive answer.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com