Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New improved microtrack (MT II)  (Read 137360 times)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
Re: New improved microtrack (MT II)
« Reply #375 on: July 07, 2008, 05:13:11 PM »
Sounds distorted.  I posted a clip up here...

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,106415.0.html

They were cardiod caps.  The mics were angled up towards the stacks, clipped to my backpack.  I'm wondering if running the batt box would've helped. 

How different was that bass sound compared to what you were hearing with your ears? It's hard for me to tell on my laptop, but I would think a battery box may have helped. Were you clipping at all? How high was your recording level? I know that there are significant differences in the MT1 and 2, so I may not be of help. On the MT1, the 1/8 inputs are not very good, but the 1/4 trs are. I have had bass distort if I clopped using the 1/8 inputs but found the 1/4 trs inputs very forgiving.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline taperwheeler

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2008, 08:47:55 AM »

[/quote]

How different was that bass sound compared to what you were hearing with your ears? It's hard for me to tell on my laptop, but I would think a battery box may have helped. Were you clipping at all? How high was your recording level? I know that there are significant differences in the MT1 and 2, so I may not be of help. On the MT1, the 1/8 inputs are not very good, but the 1/4 trs are. I have had bass distort if I clopped using the 1/8 inputs but found the 1/4 trs inputs very forgiving.
[/quote]

I didn't have any clipping on my mt2 or in the wav's when I transferred the files...even had to boost the levels some.  I left the mt2 at the lowest level possible.  Had to set it quickly and stow it.  As far as the sound in the venue, was very bassy but wasn't sounding distorted. I ordered a 1/8 mini to TRS connector but know that using that with unbalanced mics is gonna introduce that lovely "sprinkler noise".

Maybe that extra 4 volts of power will be what I need.  Maybe while my stepkids are away this weekend I'll be able to do some living room testing and compare the diff w/the bb in the chain.

Thanks for your help...  +4 tix...
Mics: SP-CMC-8 AT933 Body 4.7K mod AT853 (c, sc) U853 (h) Microline Shotguns
Pres: CA 9100, SP-Preamp
Recorders: MT2 , Tascam DR-07, PCM-M10, PCM A10

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2008, 10:50:40 AM »
Time for a new thread.

continue here: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,106690.0.html

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com