Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audioroot Femto or other Audio solution for BMCC. need advice please!  (Read 3070 times)

Offline lealain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Dear Folks,

I just bought the BMCC and I am in the midst of testing an audio device from Audioroot (Femto).
I must say that there is very little info on good audio solutions for the BMCC. There's offcourse the Juiced Link 366 or the bigger MixPre from SoundDevices, but I don't hear much from the users themselves, the only info I get is from the manufacturers.

Considering I am a one man band, I'm interested in hearing how to get good audio in camera.

Come on guys, what are your audio solutions?!

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audioroot Femto or other Audio solution for BMCC. need advice please!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 08:57:17 PM »
What type of shoot are you doing?How many mics do you need to use?If you havent been there already i would recommend the forum on www.dvinfo.net

Offline fguidry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Kaleponi - Slack Key in California
Re: Audioroot Femto or other Audio solution for BMCC. need advice please!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »
Dear Folks,

I just bought the BMCC and I am in the midst of testing an audio device from Audioroot (Femto).
I must say that there is very little info on good audio solutions for the BMCC. There's offcourse the Juiced Link 366 or the bigger MixPre from SoundDevices, but I don't hear much from the users themselves, the only info I get is from the manufacturers.

Considering I am a one man band, I'm interested in hearing how to get good audio in camera.

Come on guys, what are your audio solutions?!
I don't have a BMCC but I follow various threads about the camera. I've read that the latest firmware had a very positive impact on the audio subsystem. The DC offset has been eliminated and the sensitivity is raised significantly. If you need only one or two inputs and if your mic doesn't require phantom, you might want to try your mic without an intervening device.

** Edit ** I see your post at the Blackmagic Forum. Got the info about the firmware update, which improves audio but doesn't mention the fact in the documentation for the update.

Fran
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:39:43 PM by fguidry »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.129 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com