Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rode Nt6 cable problem  (Read 3828 times)

Offline brecia

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Rode Nt6 cable problem
« on: March 02, 2015, 03:27:06 PM »
Hi
4 months ago I bought a pair of Rode NT6 mics that come with a standard 3metre Kevlar cable, as  3 metres is longer than I need I have tried twice to get cables to that are half the length from professional cable makers and non of them work, different wiring was used on them one with the earth bridged to the body of the mini xlr connector and the other without the bridge and still they don't work, I could of coarse break the originals down and re terminate but I am scared I make a mess and get left without any cable, can anyone shed some light as to where it is all going wrong or has anyone else had this problem. I have attached the manual and data sheet for the mics
Thanks

Offline brecia

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Rode Nt6 cable problem
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 03:40:13 PM »
Hi
4 months ago I bought a pair of Rode NT6 mics that come with a standard 3metre Kevlar cable, as  3 metres is longer than I need I have tried twice to get cables to that are half the length from professional cable makers and non of them work, different wiring was used on them one with the earth bridged to the body of the mini xlr connector and the other without the bridge and still they don't work, I could of coarse break the originals down and re terminate but I am scared I make a mess and get left without any cable, can anyone shed some light as to where it is all going wrong or has anyone else had this problem. I have attached the manual and data sheet for the mics
Thanks

Sorry I cannot get the manual up as the file size is bigger than this site allows

Offline brecia

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 04:47:07 PM »
Hi
Thanks

Sorry I cannot get the manual up as the file size is bigger than this site allows
Try This link
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kinotorg.com%2Fcontent%2Fmanual%2Fmikrofony%2Frode%2FKINOTORG_RODE_NT6_Manual.pdf&ei=4dn0VNm5LtHgaNWtgJgB&usg=AFQjCNFjKueeMFBzpZV7SyvDPhcUhfaOqA

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 03:26:48 AM »
Per the manual you need a 3 conductor cable + shield. The shield  (ground/earth) needs to go from xlr shell > xlr shell.  Sounds like you had this done and it still didn't work?
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

Offline brecia

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:55:24 AM »
Per the manual you need a 3 conductor cable + shield. The shield  (ground/earth) needs to go from xlr shell > xlr shell.  Sounds like you had this done and it still didn't work?

Thanks for your response, is it possible this could be an active cable? as some on the forum seem to think they are the same set up as Schoep mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com