Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: "Beats By Dr Dre" Headphones..?  (Read 40804 times)

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: "Beats By Dr Dre" Headphones..?
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2011, 04:21:43 PM »
From my conversations with Georgios, he doesn't seem to care for the portapros. However, I like them since they do gots bass and are very durable plus they fold up nice and small.

I'm sure the dr. dre cans are not completely crappy but I'd rather spend the money on something that has been around and used by millions, not just people who fell for marketing crap.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »
I always felt portapros are just a bit too thick in the bass department, the midrange seems to lack some clarity as well.  I do love the ksc-75's, hands down best bang for the buck.   I'm consistently blown away at how wonderful they handle everything I throw at them.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 08:20:18 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chad-ochocinco-celebrates-first-super-bowl-extravagant-gift-193820706.html

Chad Ochocinco celebrates first Super Bowl with extravagant gift to teammates
By Maggie Hendricks | Shutdown Corner – Sun, Jan 29, 2012 2:38 PM EST

Beats by Chad (Getty Images)As the New England Patriots make that long, harrowing, three-hour trip from Boston to Indianapolis for the Super Bowl, they can do it in engrossed in their music. That's thanks to a gift from receiver Chad Ochocinco, who is participating in the first Super Bowl in his career.

The Boston Herald reports that Ochocinco dropped around $28,000 on Beats by Dre Headphones for every member of the team. The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry, were designed by rapper Dr. Dre. The version Ochocinco picked out for the team produce a "clean, yet forceful sound."

Wes Welker thinks the team needs to tune out distractions:

"The game is the most important thing and all I really look forward to and concentrate on," WR Wes Welker said. "Everything else is just kinda noise. I think the fun part is really arriving there and getting away from everything and really concentrating on the game and the task at hand."

Which makes the gifts perfect, because of their noise-canceling quality.

They are also capable of connecting to each other, meaning that the whole team can be connected and listening to the same song, but Bill Belichick won't be forced to listen to those darn kids' music. The headphones elicited excited tweets from Ochocinco's teammates, who thanked him for his kindness and shared pictures of the gift.

The headphones are the second gift bestowed on the Patriots this week. On Friday, UGGs and its spokesman, Tom Brady, gave the entire team a pair of boots.
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
The headphones, widely regarded as the best in the industry...

Thanks, eric, I haven't had a good laugh in a while.  They don't quote which "experts" have made this proclamation, do they?

The Patriots will look so good in their UGGs boots and Beatz headphones when they arrive in Indianapolis.  ::)

Offline DLay

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • If it has to be loud to be good, it isn't
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »
Haha not sure what industry theyre talking about here....With Bose and Boston Acoustics close by the Pats these MUST really be great headphones ::)
Beyerdynamic MC930 > Sound Devices 702t

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 07:10:23 AM »
http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5799&cat=2

I got a pair of these for my birthday from my younger brother yesterday..  hehe..   well..  They do work pretty well with the iphone (answering calls thru them etc.. clear etc), however I am more surprised by their fidelity..  they sound damn good!  granted, Ive never owned anything "in ear" beyond just a cheap pair of earbuds so what do I know.. 

caveat..  I do own a pair of beyer dt880's and a pair of sony 7506's so I do know a little about headphone sound...
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2012, 07:57:29 AM »
This is the wrong place to come when you want to try and post things attempting to show that know what you're talking about, when you really don't know what you're talking about.  ;)

http://beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5799&cat=2

I got a pair of these for my birthday from my younger brother yesterday..  hehe..   well..  They do work pretty well with the iphone (answering calls thru them etc.. clear etc), however I am more surprised by their fidelity..  they sound damn good!  granted, Ive never owned anything "in ear" beyond just a cheap pair of earbuds so what do I know.. 

caveat..  I do own a pair of beyer dt880's and a pair of sony 7506's so I do know a little about headphone sound...
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2012, 10:04:14 AM »
I really like the red...it goes well for the Bloods street gang....

Sometimes I see these fools on the train, dressed in red head to toe with a pair of beats headphones that are red too...pretty comical. 

I think I'll stick to my $20 Koss KSC-75's...I guarantee they wipe the floor with any beats products.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2012, 12:11:32 AM »
I really like the red...it goes well for the Bloods street gang....

Sometimes I see these fools on the train, dressed in red head to toe with a pair of beats headphones that are red too...pretty comical. 

I think I'll stick to my $20 Koss KSC-75's...I guarantee they wipe the floor with any beats products.

Nothing says thug/idiot like beats. Wearing these just shows how much you deserve to get robbed
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline DLay

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • If it has to be loud to be good, it isn't
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2012, 01:38:14 AM »
Nothing says thug/idiot like beats.
Something tells me thats exactly the image they're hoping to project.
Beyerdynamic MC930 > Sound Devices 702t

Offline twalker

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2012, 10:40:43 PM »
I wish I could get the kids here at the university to understand there are better headphones out there for the same price or even less.  I paid $175 for my Beyer DT770 almost 20 years ago and they are still in use.  Today you can buy them for $199.  But, I guess they aren't cool enough since they don't have that stupid logo on the side or some silly gloss finish.
Classical rig - Mics:  DPA 4006, MH ULN2, Marantz PMD 671, Mac Book Pro

Small rig (under construction) - Neumann 184, PSP, Sony PCM D50

Playback - EAR 534, Spendor 3/5, LAT Axiom

Transfer - Mac mini, Bias Peak XT, MH ULN, Focal monitors

Offline rjp

• Taperssection Member
  • You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2012, 12:09:14 AM »
I wish I could get the kids here at the university to understand there are better headphones out there for the same price or even less.  I paid $175 for my Beyer DT770 almost 20 years ago and they are still in use.  Today you can buy them for $199.  But, I guess they aren't cool enough since they don't have that stupid logo on the side or some silly gloss finish.

B-but... the Beats have BLING! They're what ears CRAVE! ::)  The more I watch how things are going, the more I'm convinced the idiots have won.

Another DT770 fan here... they're comfortable and damn near indestructible - not to mention they sound great.
Mics: AKG Perception 170, Naiant X-X, Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox
Recorders: Olympus LS-10
Interfaces: Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Offline twalker

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2012, 09:45:07 PM »

;D reminds me of the movie Idiocracy.   Yep, the Beyers are something special.  I just had to order new pads.  I guess app. 15 is a good run for one set of pads. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:50:31 PM by twalker »
Classical rig - Mics:  DPA 4006, MH ULN2, Marantz PMD 671, Mac Book Pro

Small rig (under construction) - Neumann 184, PSP, Sony PCM D50

Playback - EAR 534, Spendor 3/5, LAT Axiom

Transfer - Mac mini, Bias Peak XT, MH ULN, Focal monitors

Offline kcmule

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2012, 11:35:36 AM »
Stolen from facebook.  Too funny!

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »
Armani Exchange?  Dude's wearin' thrift store clothes?

Beets by Dre.... ;D

I get a kick out of the article saying the cans were 'designed' by him.....dayum, dude's got multi-talents.... :o

Bah, feh, erp, eh?
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com